Forums are back in action! ×

Because It's the Cup

OrangeJorwell

I LOVE THE PLAYOFFS!!!!!!!

I'm rooting for the Penguins, they've been my team for ever.

I knew I liked you for a reason!!!

Big pens fan here too- makes it fun living about 15 minutes out side philadelphia for sure!!!

Penguins fans?!  I can't stand those guys!  :P

I don't really follow hockey too much, but I gotta go with the Flyers :D

But I'm a Jersey Girl so I'll also root for the Devils ;)

You should pick a third team to root for, since neither of those made the playoffs.  With your apparent track record, might I suggest the Penguins?  ;)

Level 3 Ranger

STR: 6 | DEX: 3 | STA: 9 | CON: 4 | WIS: 6 | CHA: 5

Current Challenge

Penguins fans?!  I can't stand those guys!   :tongue:

Is that because the Pens have been winning the cup instead of the Wings lately, or because they are whippersnappers compared to the oldtimers wings?

You should pick a third team to root for, since neither of those made the playoffs.  With your apparent track record, might I suggest the Penguins?   ;)

HA!  We will take a Flyer's fan, but only if you promise not to be a jerk.  Anyone not cheering for the  Wings is good in my books....

Level 2 Half-Orc Ranger

STR 4|DEX 2.6|STA 5.8|CON 8|WIS 2|CHA 3

MyFitnessPal|My Endomondo

Je suis un Canadien. Hockey is about as close as we've got to a national religion.

I live in Vancouver. I like the Canucks just fine, hope they do well. They've only got one or two shots left at winning with the current crew, so I'm hoping for a good run this year. Not sure it's going to work that way, though, their coach sucks.

OTOH, I only moved here about 9 years ago (to put that in perspective, I'm 45). I grew up in Oakville, Ontario which is just west of Toronto. The Maple Leafs are my team, and I'm pretty ecstatic they're finally back in the playoffs. Realistically, the only way they get past Boston is if the the Bruins choke pretty badly, but I'll still be cheering for the boys in blue. Given I didn't think they'd make the playoffs at all, anything the Leafs do now is just gravy.

As for the Cup, if I were a betting man my money would be on Chicago. They are scary good.

"Curtain's up. Everyone's waiting for the hero to take the stage. And the spotlight's on you now." - Alfred, to Dick Grayson, Batman and Robin #2

Current Challenge

Given I didn't think they'd make the playoffs at all, anything the Leafs do now is just gravy.

As for the Cup, if I were a betting man my money would be on Chicago. They are scary good.

I went through that for a while with the Penguins (you know, when Ryan Malone was the franchise player...)  I used to hate the Leafs so much (growing up in northern Ontario, EVERYONE was a Leafs fan) but now I just feel bad for them and I kind of cheer for them out of pity.  Its too bad they are playing Boston and not Montreal.  THAT would have been a great series.

I'm not worried about Chicago until we get to the finals.  Then we will see if the Pens are playing them or not.  Maybe they'll choke earlier on?

Level 2 Half-Orc Ranger

Is that because the Pens have been winning the cup instead of the Wings lately, or because they are whippersnappers compared to the oldtimers wings?

By lately you mean that one time?  Because before that I'm pretty sure the Wings won 4 since the last time the Pens had won.  Also, why does everyone still call the Wings old?  They're younger than the Pens.

And as for the Yankees comparison, their salary is over 7 million under the cap.  #Facts

And if it makes you feel better, I see no situation where the Hawks make it to the Cup.

Level 3 Ranger

Current Challenge

By lately you mean that one time?  Because before that I'm pretty sure the Wings won 4 since the last time the Pens had won.  Also, why does everyone still call the Wings old?  They're younger than the Pens.

And as for the Yankees comparison, their salary is over 7 million under the cap.  #Facts

And if it makes you feel better, I see no situation where the Hawks make it to the Cup.

Yeah, that one time, that's right!  I actually loved the Stevie Y years.  Plus, its so easy to hate on the Wings, they were so friggin good for so friggin long.  Tough to be battling for that playoff spot this year though...

Who do you think makes it out of the west?  The Hawks are indeed scary good...

Level 2 Half-Orc Ranger

The Hawks have a good strategy: keep it simple.  Sure, they have some skill in Toews and Kane, and pretty solid goaltending (except for that goal last night), but the reason that they're so good is that they keep it simple. I don't see them making it to the Finals: they don't seem to have that extra push in must win games. Hossa's extremely good at scoring timely goals to push it into OT, but he can only carry the team in that regard for so long.

But the West this year is tough. The Blues/Kings game last night was some fantastic hockey. And even if Quick choked at the end, he kept them in that game for 3 and a half periods. I'm looking forward to the San Jose/Vancouver series. That'll be some good hockey.

Level 3 Ranger

Current Challenge

Archived