Forums are back in action! ×

This time, I'm all in.

Hi there guys!

I've been lurking around NF for a while now and I've decided (as of last week) that it's time to stop making excuses and just get down to business.

A little bit about me: I'm 21, 5'6", no idea of my weight (too much for my liking) and I live in Christchurch, NZ.

You may or may not know a couple of years ago Christchurch had a 7.1 (10km/6.2miles deep) earthquake in September 2010. This was one of many. It was a really stressful time, so I ended up eating like shit and putting on quite a bit of weight over the course of a year. 

The most frustrating part about this for me was, post-earthquakes, I was the thinnest & healthiest I'd ever been. I hadn't even been trying to drop weight, I was fully focused on eating better and exercising to help with hypoglycemia… and I didn't even notice until I'd gained all the weight back.

I want to get back to that… and then get better than that.

I've been 98% paleo for about a month and a half, occasionally eating white potatoes and rice. I bought the Rebel Strength Guide a week back and got stuck into the beginners routine. So far, I'm really, really enjoying it! This week my goal is to add in 40+ minutes of walking every day I'm not strength training… because walking was a HUGE part of my post-quake lifestyle. 

I like the idea of getting stronger, being healthier and happier… so hello Rebellion! :)

tumblr_mcqzfhHmkn1rxn536.gif

Welcome to NF! It seems like you have really great goals that you've already been working on. Paleo can do amazing things for you. Stay strong physically and mentally and you shall forever be awesome!

"If you die, you die. A man must constantly exceed his level." - Bruce Lee

Archived