Forums are back in action! ×

Newbie questions

Hello!  Total newbie in my first challenge, and happy to be here.  Have a couple of newbie questions, and have been on enough boards for other things that I know how annoying it is when the same questions get asked over and over.  So if anyone can link me to where these questions have already been answered, I'd be grateful.  Otherwise, any direct answers would also be appreciated.

First of all, doing the roleplaying stats thing for fun.  But noted in others' signatures, their links to their challenges have clever or simple titles rather than url info.  Unfortunately the only way I know how to link is to copy the URL, as you can see below.  How do I make a link with a simple name like I see others doing?

Secondly, what's the protocol or usual practice for linking friends?  I've been on the warrior challenge boards because I was sloppy in reading class descriptions (should have been in adventurers as it looks like that's where many newbies start, but thought "I'd like to lift weights someday, so I'll go with the warriors."  Actually I'm still working to complete the beginner's bodyweight workout (but did it today, yahoo!).  Anyway, the other warriors have been great to the newbie, very encouraging.  But anyway...  I noticed one of them had linked to me as a friend (and I was flattered), but wanted to link with a couple others the same way.  Is it appropriate to ask first?  Or just go ahead and link with them after a certain number of cross-posting to each other's threads?  Or am I just being over-sensitive?  Please advise.

Thanks!  :nevreness:

OrcWarrior

Current challenge  6 5 4 3 2 1 Favorite recipes

Level 4 ranger  Str 13 Dex 4 Sta 12 Con 12 Wis 11 Cha 5

“Success is not final...Failure is not fatal...it's the courage to continue that counts†-Winston Churchill

"One step at a time, I can walk around the world. Watch me." -Aral Vorkosigan, Barrayar, 1991

To add a link, highlight whatever copy you want to be a link (e.g. "My Challenge") and then click on the button that looks like a chain with a little green circle and a plus sign (far right bottom in the image above).  Copy and paste the link destination in the pop-up that appears and click okay.  Then save your signature!

---

There is no real "friending" etiquette.  If you form a relationship with someone and feel a connection with them, friend 'em. :)

Wolverine

Level X Mutant

Archived