Forums are back in action! ×

Body image/eating disorders

LOL @ your pregnant turlkey dream!!!

ankles and ears, both very good parts of the body :)

Hugs, if yourfriend(s) were good ones, they would never question big family events like that in the first place, next time, lose their numbers, you have enough troublesand don't need that negative crap!! HUGS!!

somedays there is a lot to complainabout...finals are tough on their own, added stress of eating poorly and no exercise and how those affect you mentally, emotionally and physically, then "friend" (using that loosely, I wouldn't call them that myself) drama...complainaway <3

Druid Assassin Halfling

:) Druid  :)

Level 16, Current Quest: Bekah Returns

Spoiler

Your life does not get better by chance. It gets better by change.

- Jim Rohn

1. I made a schedule for my days (routines make me more calm) and have followed it so far today!! (i realize it's only 7:30am, but it's a victory...lol)

2. Today Iam proud of my capacity for self awareness and the ability to act on what I become aware of, both positive and negative things. I have spent the last 3-4 days in a VERY negative head space, due almost entirely to the chaos of the last 7 weeks, and being in " do what it takes for survival" mode, rather than "healthy living" mode, and now that I'm no longer homeless, and am able to eat and sleep and let go a little bit because I'm in a safe stress-free environment (comparatively...2 kids at home is never stress free,but at least it's comfortable stress, know what I mean?) I just kinda lost it, and have been in total meltdown mode and drunk (or close to it) 3 nights in. row (Fri-Sun) and it got the point where I was mute for an hour (happens every few months or so during super stress) and I saw down that road and said "oh hell no" and made myself go to bed on time last night, and made a schedule for my days and I'm sticking to it like glue...and so far so good (2 hours in...lol).

But that makes me proud of myself because I know myself and saw that destructive pattern and stopped it quickly, and there are many people who don't or can't do that.

Druid Assassin Halfling

Spoiler

- Jim Rohn

1) Took my final that was causing the majority of my stress. Spent 5 hours studying with classmates before the final. I think i did well over all.. so we shall see. Oh and therapy today. 

2) I like my hands. My fingers are kinda long, but i like the size and overall they look feminine. I dunno they fit my body. 

My brain is exhausted and i feel tired...but thank goodness school is almost done. The stress eating will hopefully disappear...some days i just feel so full like im gonna explode. last night being one of them. 

Level 1 Elf Adventurer STR 2|DEX 2|STA 2|CON 2|WIS 3|CHA 4

1) slept in today.. omg it was amazing not waking up to an alarm clock. i friggin hate the sound of my alarm clock, but it's loud and gets the job done. 

Getting back to working out. my back no longer hurts and my schedule is now open for summer. so yay.

2) Today i like my sarcasm. No need to be uptight all the time people. 

1. I realized I needed help parenting, so I went to a parenting class today, and am making plans to go every week and get one one one help with a therapist to work through some of this crap with them. 

2. Today, I like my intelligence. I had the opportunity to do some technical computer stuff, and I figured it out with minimal help, which made me feel great! 

Druid Assassin Halfling

Spoiler

- Jim Rohn

Finally worked out today. It felt awesome. I did some weight workouts at home. Once my last final was over my classmate and I tried going to the track to run and do the stairs. The track was closed and locked, SO we found some random staircase that was hidden in a corner and i ran up and down those stairs for an hour. lol. so my whole body feels nice and slightly sore. We plan on working out again sometime soon hopefully.

I did gain the weight back that i had lost. At this point i'm just tired and don't really care because i am just back at my normal weight. While i feel my stomach looks larger...my boobs are back. So i can't complain because i did miss my boobs; those 5+ pounds really make a difference.

Now that finals are over and summer has begun I do plan on getting back into my workout routine and cutting out the processed sugar (yea i ate a ton during finals). So we will see how that goes. 

Finally worked out today. It felt awesome. I did some weight workouts at home. Once my last final was over my classmate and I tried going to the track to run and do the stairs. The track was closed and locked, SO we found some random staircase that was hidden in a corner and i ran up and down those stairs for an hour. lol. so my whole body feels nice and slightly sore. We plan on working out again sometime soon hopefully.

I did gain the weight back that i had lost. At this point i'm just tired and don't really care because i am just back at my normal weight. While i feel my stomach looks larger...my boobs are back. So i can't complain because i did miss my boobs; those 5+ pounds really make a difference.

Now that finals are over and summer has begun I do plan on getting back into my workout routine and cutting out the processed sugar (yea i ate a ton during finals). So we will see how that goes. 

YAY for boobs!!! :D :D :D That's worth an extra 5 lbs :) 

WTG on impromptu workout spaces rather than using it as an excuse!! You are killing it! 

We can kick sugar's ass together, k? That's definitely on my "to-do" for next Challenge! 

Are you planning on participating, any goals in mind yet?

Druid Assassin Halfling

Spoiler

- Jim Rohn

My 2 for today--
1. I listened to my body during yoga and drank some water and did the poses that "felt" good. 
2. I like my loyalty--when I love, it's all in, when I say I'm here for you, I am there 100%, no matter what...and I like that about me. 

Druid Assassin Halfling

Spoiler

- Jim Rohn

I'm not sure about my goals for the next challenge..I did participate this challenge but once the last 3 weeks of school came around, i got so busy that i just waved the white flag. It really was a bad time to start the first challenge..

But I would like to participate in the next one and actually finish it. :) 

Will sugar be a part of the challenge? possibly. I will have to think about it. 

Today's 2:

I took an entire day and tried to focus on "life stress" as little as possible, I spent more time in the pool or sleeping than anything else, and I just tried to enjoy my day..it mostly worked.

2. Today I like my flexibility, I am still able to do almost a full straddle split at 35 and 100 lbs overweight, and Can do some more advanced yoga poses than most people without modifications, and it makes me happy.

Druid Assassin Halfling

Spoiler

- Jim Rohn

1) I've been going out with friends the past couple of days, so getting out of my social anorexia (as i like to call it). I got through periods where i just don't want to do anything or see anyone, and then i get really lonely and down. So getting out and doing something helps. 

2) I like that i have a long torso, even though it can make shopping for tops a pain. I need long tops! 

Feeling like a hot mess today. Sucks.

I hate mother nature(shark week). I hate people. I hate feeling needy. I hate feeling fat and bloated. I hate breaking out. I hate feeling insecure. I hate feeling lonely.

I just want to run away and sleep all day curled up in a ball.

I was going to cut out processed sugar again until i woke up and saw that my body hated me. Figured that i could wait a couple days to start back up or it'd be a bloody mess (pun totally intended). Seriously though, i'd be in b-mode plus sugar withdrawals. i don't think so, i might end up killing someone. Last time i gave up sugar i was the crankiest person for 3 weeks. Friggin fruit was not cutting it for me. Yes i will be using fruit as a crutch to kick processed sugar, i need something to help me out..

1) went for a walk yesterday. 

getting rid of crappy guys in my life.

therapy today.

FF6 tonight (no not final fantasy 6 lol)

2) I like my hips. They are small, but perfect for my frame and small booty. And i like the way they move when i walk. move them hips giiiiiiiiiiiiiirl.

hugs, for the last few days :( 

Yay for kicking out crappy guys...I can't stand some boys, who pretend they are men. 

LMAO @ FF6 not being Final Fantasy 6...you know we all thought that! LOL! I saw Hangover III the other day, it was hilarious, just like the others, and I still want to make babies with Bradley Cooper. LOL! 

I hear you about not wanting to cut out sugar during the evil period of our lives....lol. I always turn into some kind of lunatic too. I wonder how I'm going to handle it when I do actually cut out sugar. Hah I never considered NOT using fruit as a crutch, Im not even giving up Truvia at first! :D 

1. I don't feel like I did a single positive thing today, so that must mean I did at least ten. :/

2. I like my heart, it never gives up. 

Druid Assassin Halfling

Spoiler

- Jim Rohn

Yay for kicking out crappy guys...I can't stand some boys, who pretend they are men. 

Story my life. It's time to work on me. Boys complicate things and I have yet to find a good man. So looks like dating is on hold indefinitely. Time to find a man that will treat me like a lady (but first I need to learn how to act like a lady lol).

Yikes, hard for me to do. Despite having lost a lot of weight, I constantly see issues with my body. It's now about "my body isn't pretty" blah blah blah. Lemme think about it... lol.

Level 3 - Half-Elf Warrior, STR - 5 | DEX - 1 | STA - 6 | CON - 5.5 | WIS - 3.5 | CHA - 5

I know where I'm going, and I know the truth, and I don't have to be what you want me to be. I'm free to be what I want. ~  Ali

Previous Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Feeling like a hot mess today. Sucks.

I hate mother nature(shark week). I hate people. I hate feeling needy. I hate feeling fat and bloated. I hate breaking out. I hate feeling insecure. I hate feeling lonely.

I just want to run away and sleep all day curled up in a ball.

I was going to cut out processed sugar again until i woke up and saw that my body hated me. Figured that i could wait a couple days to start back up or it'd be a bloody mess (pun totally intended). Seriously though, i'd be in b-mode plus sugar withdrawals. i don't think so, i might end up killing someone. Last time i gave up sugar i was the crankiest person for 3 weeks. Friggin fruit was not cutting it for me. Yes i will be using fruit as a crutch to kick processed sugar, i need something to help me out..

HUGS HUGS HUGS

From my battle thread, but I think it goes here too. I have some specific body composition goals, and some fitness milestones I am working towards and to support that I've begun tracking my intakes again beyond the "serving of x, serving of y" 

To be honest eating this much is not really easy on my head. I am still struggling with the whole "women don't eat," and ingrained "food is bad" message I've absorbed over the years. Having a goal weight of 170lbs rather than the BMI accepted range of 98-130lbs isn't helping much either. Intellectually I know this is a completely inaccurate number for my build (wide shoulders and hips, heavy skeleton), but society's programming is hard to break. Hell, my goal for lean body mass is higher than what BMI says is healthy for my height, much less the fat it will take to maintain health. I'm doomed to always be obese it seems, but how is it obese when much smaller probably would just not be healthy?
  • Like 1

Human Adventurer

Str: 3 | Dex: 2 | Sta:2 | Con:3 | Wis:3 | Cha:2

I've got no strings to hold me down, to make me smile or make me frown...

Thanks!! Shark week made me a hormonal mess. It's over and I've snapped out of it. Time to toughen up.

1) saw Star Trek last night, went to a comedy show, and hung out with friends. Busy day. Today I'm cleaning and maybe working out with a friend. Staying social!!

2) I got dressed up last night and did hair/ makeup and felt like i looked pretty darn good. That being said what I like about myself is when I feel confident and sexy. When I don't need attention from men. When I'm okay with being single, heck I'm actually enjoying being single. For a while I had the lonely blues.. not right now :)

I've been struggling with body dysmorphia. I have been for the longest of times never satisfied with how I looked and I though during my childhood no one would like to talk to a person as ugly as I am (though I was). I've grown to accept that I look the way I look and while I have things to change (reason I'm here), I don't think I'm ugly. 

1. Relaxed after a really long day and it felt good to be myself. 

2. I like my beard. Rawr! 

Level 1 - Adventurer (Cthulhu in dusguise, but don't mind me)

STR: 2 І DEX: 1 І STA: 1 І CON: 2 І WIS: 5 І CHA: 4

Be mindful of your Self-Talk. It's a conversation with the universe.

1)Hung out with my neighbor..she made a bunch of goodies (dark chocolate almonds, cookies, whiskey caramels..*drool*) last night..and we fell asleep watching star wars (starting the movie late was a baaaaaaaaad idea..i even went over at 530 so we could watch it early and we didnt start til 11)

-cleaned up a bit in my house

2) i like my calves.

Honestly, I hate myself.

I hate so much about myself it makes me even more upset with myself.

I'm not ugly - but I feel I am.

I'm not 'fat' - but that's all I see.

I'm not stupid - but it's how I feel.

I just really do not like myself.

It's something I'm trying to work on for a number of reasons. 1) Well - duh. It's not good. 2) My boyfriend (fiancé I guess) loves me for who I am and he deserves someone who trusts his opinion and shares it. 3) Our future children, I want to be confident and help instill confidence in my mini's at a young age.

Good things....

1) I have a soccer game today that I am totally stoked for.

2) Um.... it's summer time and my freckles are coming out and I look darn cute with them.

ETA: OKay, pissy mood is over. But I do often feel this way. Then I have a great game and I feel better. Thank goodness for endorphins.