Forums are back in action! ×

Possible dumb question...

Autumn

I apologize if there's an obvious answer for this that I haven't absorbed into my brain...

I know that it isn't advised to work out the same muscle groups on consecutive days. If I notice that my leg muscles are sore after doing a lot of walking/running on cardio days, should I avoid doing bodyweight exercise the following day? Running and things like squats, lunges, etc, all work the leg muscles, so it confuses me on how I should go about my day to day routine if I'm not supposed to work the same muscles back to back.

Are you new to running? It really only works your legs up to a point. As a runner, I always though I had strong legs - until I started doing squats. After a bit, if you're consistent with the running, it shouldn't make your legs sore anymore. I would say it's fine to do a workout on a non-running day, as long as your body feels up to it.

Level ? Half-Dwarf/Half-Amazon Warrior

STR:21.25 STA:15 DEX: 10.95 CON: 14 WIS:15.5 CHA:17

SWOLE BUCKS: 1

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

You really just don't want to push your muscles to exhaustion without giving them a chance to recover. Soreness isn't really an indicator of exhaustion. Soreness is most common on new movements but once your body becomes acclimated to that movement you might not get sore even though you've really pushed yourself hard.

I might suggest once change however, try doing your lifting on the day BEFORE your running and not the other way around. Obviously you won't be able to run as well as you could otherwise but it is a lot less dangerous to run slowly after lifting than it is to lift badly after a great run.

Allons-y!

If deadlifts were easy they'd be called ellipticals.

If you can't fix it with fish oil and squats you're probably going to die. ~ Marshall White

TIME LORD, The Warrior, Level 3: STE: 12, DEX: 12, STA: 5; CON: 5.75, WIS: 9; CHA: 2

Be strong in the Lord and in the strength of his might. Ephesians 6.10

-           -      -   -  -  -  -  -  - - - - - - - -----------------------------------------------

Archived