Forums are back in action! ×

Treadmill Farmer's Walks and other awesome exercises.

Do them whilst walking laterally.  +1

I AM going the distance

'Cause all I wanna do is go the distance. Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood.

Farmer's walks bring the awesome! Already planning to incorporate some into my workout schedule in the future, except minus the treadmill and with KBs and/or indian clubs. If I'd find one with proper weight a tree trunk would also do, haha. (one thing the 'rural' area where I live is really good for is working out outside)

“It’s not whether you get knocked down, it’s whether you get up.†- Vince Lombardi

Wolf, level 1 Vampire assassinSTR 2|DEX 3|STA 2|CON 3|WIS 3|CHA 2

Wolfish Philosophy

Current challenge

Farmers walkswith 45lbs bumper plates. Work that grip! 

I can't wait to see the look on peoples faces when I grab 2 plates and take them out of the weight area up the stairs to the cardio area.  I love confusing people at the local Y.

LVL 3: Zoran Warrior

STR:9 | DEX:5 | STA:10 | CON:5 | WIS:12.75 | CHA:9

Current Challenge: Not Really A 6 Week Challenge Challenge

Previous Challenges: 1st2nd

"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. Good things don't always soften the bad things, but vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant."

Google.

it's just carrying heavy things... you know like you would do on a farm.

And a thoroughly awesome exercise. Even if you don't have weights you can do it. Find heavy stuff (rocks, buckets of sand) and carry them around

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

Sometimes my humor fails because it is too subtle.  This is one of those times.

XcD

...and now I see the "humor" tag

[i get it... FRENCH CLASS!]

an easy one : barbell curls in a squat cage

To find piece with myself
I must first find a piece of myself

And a thoroughly awesome exercise. Even if you don't have weights you can do it. Find heavy stuff (rocks, buckets of sand) and carry them around

I think people "miss" out on the effectiveness of this because they tend to just pick the lighter weight- you definitely have to pick something heavier than you would normally. LOL

like say 150 lb hay bails ;)  or 10 gal buckets of water!!!

Archived