Forums are back in action! ×

Intro 2.0

Hi!

My name is Tsundere and I am a lazy, unmotivated, partial slob. Well...I think I'm a slob but I'm told I'm actually not that bad. I'm also an emotional eater, especially when I get stressed. I'm addicted to sugar. I love mild self-esteem. I have insecurity issues. And I'm a very jealous person. I can be overly emotional or not emotional at all. I struggle to find what makes me happy. I struggle with embracing my femininity and sexuality again. I struggle with embracing my confidence again. I just want to be a better person.

Why am I writing this? Dunno. Wanted to post it somewhere. Hopefully getting this off my chest and out to the world will hold me accountable for my shortcomings and then help build me back up. We'll see!

Tsundere
Level 1 Adventurer/Ranger, pseudo-ninja and Sailor Scout Rebel
STR: +0 || DEX: +0 || STA: +0 || CON: +0 || WIS: +0 || CHA: +0

"The past is seldom as we would have it. The future yet to be known. Embrace the present and strike all else from concern." - Spartacus

Rebel Ranger Debut

Sailor Tsundere's Battle Logs

Tsundere Tsunami - Personal Blog

Don't 'cha think the introduction thread woul've been more fitting? But heh, I'd guess if a mod would deem it adequate they'll move it.

But to the topic at hand: I don't think I could stress that enough but don't cling to a version of who you think you are - and act like the person you want to be. Also, why do you think you're a slob? Do you dress 'inadequately' ? Where does this laziness and apathy come from? Why not substitute carbs with something healthy when you're stressed? (as this is a mostly a 'trained' habit, classic reinforcement). Define insecurity issues. Jealous, jealous of what? And why? Why do you think there are only these two polar opposites of an emotional spectrum available to you? And this next thing might sound 'weird but if you struggle with finding things that fulfill you and bring you some sort of happiness it might be an internal issue, a lot of people think they need to 'get' things in order to be happy which isn't gonna do squat if there's not the necessary energy coming from within. (this also includes 'getting' through other people btw - one of the things that can be detrimental to any kind of relationship)

Don't think I can comment on your femininity. And quite frankly, this is my personal perspective but I genuinely believe there can be no true confidence without something in which it manifests - e.g. actions to back it up.

But this definitely looks like these things tie into each other. Laziness, apathy, lethargy, indifference, lack of motivation, inspiration or "passion" often correlate. My first advice would be: eliminate the laziness. If possible, find the root cause and wipe it out. Then continue working on these things.

“It’s not whether you get knocked down, it’s whether you get up.†- Vince Lombardi

Wolf, level 1 Vampire assassinSTR 2|DEX 3|STA 2|CON 3|WIS 3|CHA 2

Wolfish Philosophy

Current challenge

I never said that or meant to imply that. I simply thought that a reintroduction could also be put into the introductory section - pretty sure I saw other users here do the same thing. But as I said, not all that relevant.

“It’s not whether you get knocked down, it’s whether you get up.†- Vince Lombardi

Wolf, level 1 Vampire assassinSTR 2|DEX 3|STA 2|CON 3|WIS 3|CHA 2

Wolfish Philosophy

Current challenge

Would rename it if I could but...oh well.

Tsundere
Level 1 Adventurer/Ranger, pseudo-ninja and Sailor Scout Rebel
STR: +0 || DEX: +0 || STA: +0 || CON: +0 || WIS: +0 || CHA: +0

"The past is seldom as we would have it. The future yet to be known. Embrace the present and strike all else from concern." - Spartacus

Rebel Ranger Debut

Sailor Tsundere's Battle Logs

Tsundere Tsunami - Personal Blog

Hey Tsundere,

Stress often triggers depression and whenever I'm starting to feel depressed, a shit ton of negative thoughts flood into my mind. When that happens, I relate to almost all of those points you've written about, except for maybe being a jealous person. Still, when negative thoughts freeze you up, it's easy  to get sucked into a vicious pattern of self-destruction.

I relate and let me tell you that the self-deprecating attitude doesn't help, BUT you did right by expressing yourself to a public. You realize your own shortcomings and you're looking for support in order to change, so yay for ranting! Good job!

...This definitely looks like these things tie into each other. Laziness, apathy, lethargy, indifference, lack of motivation, inspiration or "passion" often correlate. My first advice would be: eliminate the laziness. If possible, find the root cause and wipe it out. Then continue working on these things.

Wolfhorde's on the money. I don't know about you, but most of my stress comes from being lazy and procrastinating in the first place! Practice diligence and eliminate that laziness. It's hard to work on anything at first when there's no motivation, but that's what diligence is all about - doing what you have to do, even when you don't want to. After working and completing any sort of project, it's amazing how everything rights itself. I also ditto what Wolfehorde wrote, about how unnecessary it is to think you have to "get" something in order to be happy. Happiness isn't an object to be found, it's a state of being. Fake it till you are.

Gah! I have a lot I want to write cause recently I dug myself into a similar hole and I feel I completely understand you, but I don't want to spam... Just know that if you are still feeling down or ever feel bombarded with those thoughts again, PM me to rant/chat! =)

Hope you're feeling better!

Mag

Adventurer | Level 1

CON: 0 | STR: 0 | STA: 0 | DEX: 0 | WIS: 0 | CHA: 0

On Hiatus

"In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life — It goes on" -- Robert Frost

Archived