Forums are back in action! ×

Woot: In Which Perry has More Money and Fewer Bills.

I'm a college student.  I currently work 60 hours a week in addition to my class load to keep my head above water, and my wife is a grad student doing the same.

Yesterday, we scheduled our last car payment, two years early.  I cannot explain how big a relief it is to have that thing paid off.

Also yesterday, my promotion to manager at my primary job became official and I got a $2.25/hour raise and free food (restaurant); this will give me enough breathing room to drop the second job and will make a significant dent in our food bills while still allowing me to eat relatively clean.  I think that the woot on this one is self-explanatory.

As my normal shift is 3pm-10pm, I should be able to get caught up on sleep over the summer and focus on my fitness and getting a head start on fall.  I'm switching from the physics program to the human performance program, so these two goals are very related.

Also, future woot--on my next paycheck, I will be paying my registration fee to my first PL meet.

As exhausting as this semester has been, its coda is pretty good.

Yes yes yes! Picture me doing a dance of joy, because I totally am right now.

Hooray for breathing room!

Thanks.  I don't really have time for friends or a social network as such (and I'm sort of a loner by nature anyway), and now that I'm management I can't really be friends with my work friends.  NF has been good for me, even when I wasn't posting, because it's such a fantastic and supportive group of people.

Thanks again,

P

LOL YAY

you know it's going to break now right?  LOL  :playful: that's how that works- but definitely a huge HUGE relief- keep putting that money away somewhere- do it- make it an automatic payment somewhere- keep saving it!

Oh yeah.  We've already had that conversation, and we're going to save up enough to completely rebuild the conventional engine if needs must (it's a Prius, so we're just screwed if the hybrid engine blows up). After that, though, going to snowball the ever-loving crap out of our credit cards.  Should have no debt beyond student loans when we finish with school.

Assuming Mr. Murphy stays the hell away.

Archived