Forums are back in action! ×

Tiny triumph - I had a choice...

OK I know it is silly but for me this is a big deal.

I have a notice on my PC saying "You have a choice" meaning that the choice i make to exercise or not to eat or not etc all has a consequence.  Well today I had a different kind of choice.

I love vintage looks and today for the first time in years I was trying clothes on in one of my fav vintage stores and everything fit.  Yes I was trying on the biggest of everything they had but it is so hard to get vintage anything to fit (people were way smaller back then). I have to say I don't care that they were all big sizes.  They were still pretty and vintage and most importantly I didn't have to chose something because it was the only thing that fit or go home without anything as nothing would fit, I had a choice of whichever I wanted!!!!

So I am going to the Premier screening of Gatsby next Wednesday, looking like a real 1920's moll and I can't wait!!!

:nevreness:

That's so cool! And just think: in a month's time, you'll have even more selections to pick from!

Have fun at Gatsby! It's always fun to dress up at screenings. :D

Lvl 5 Lightbending Bard
STR: 10 | DEX: 10 | STA: 7 | CON: 9 | WIS: 15 | CHA: 5.5
"If the desire to write is not accompanied by actual writing, then the desire must be not to write." - Hugh Prather

Feel free to drop by my current challenge!

Well done!  I was so happy when I got to stop shopping at big and tall stores and was able to shop... well anywhere really.  Didn't even know where to begin.   It is about choice and the happiness you get from making the ones that pay off in the long run always are worth it.

"By trying to please everyone he had pleased no one, and lost his ass in the bargain." - Aesop 2,500 years ago.
Level 4 Half Ogre Ranger
STR 6|DEX 4|STA 13|CON 11|WIS 5|CHA 8
Zombies, Run! Profile

That triumph isn't little or silly at all, it's fantastic! I'm so glad for you and your pretty new clothes that fit.

The very first time went to a specialty swimwear shop and I had a choice of bathing suits rather than having to buy the one in the store with decent chest support, I actually started crying. It's a really big, empowering feeling to have more control over your choices - be they exercising, eating, or picking out an outfit!

Thought I would round this off by letting ya all know that I had an amazing night at the premier and got papped by so many photographers I lost count (including other guests asking to have their pic taken with me) i cannot begin to tell you how amazing I feel.  :nevreness: none of the smiley faces are big enough hee hee

The whole thing is a bit like a really great dream.

Thanks again to all of you who are here with information and support it is amazing to know that even when I am not at my best and pushing as hard as some I am still accepted and helped along the way.

MD xxxxxxxxxxxx

MD, why didn't i see this before now!!  Well done darling, that's fantastic.  I can't wait to be in your shoes one day.  We would love to see pics and btw, I'm thrilled your had a great time!!

Half Faerie (Sidhe) Scout | Black Belt Kitchen Ninja
"A positive attitude will not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort" - Herm Albright
You're welcome to skype me (audriwolf) too but let me know who you are

My challenge

Archived