Forums are back in action! ×

I am only human.

Update: Album posted with progress photos: Click Here.  The first 3 photos are from 2010/2011.  I had started working out at the beginning of November 2010 and kept at it until March 2011.  Then, I was contacted to apply for a new job and I focused on that instead of working out.  Good news, I got the job.  Bad news, I struggled until now to get back into a routine.  Anyway, I just posted photos taken tonight.  Please don't mind the scars on my chest and back.  The keloid scar tissue had been and is still to an extent a source of insecurity for me.  

I read through a couple of Steve's articles after having committed this weekend to reading and obsessing about body fat percentage.  I had taken the wrong path in the past, following the same road that countless others have embarked upon before me toward losing weight.  I don't really care anymore about weight.  I have a body fat percentage I want to work toward, instead.

In any case - This site is amusing to me so I joined. 

I plan to poke around a bit more on the forum, but first here's a little about myself:

• Turning 33 in July and I want to start now to seriously fight against ill health.  Today, I had a thought that my uncle died at 43 from colon cancer and being only 10 years away from that age, it scared me.  My younger sister told me he was 46... but still.
  • Married with no children (yet, but soon hopefully).
  • Degrees (since it seems like a few people share that here): B.A. International Relations and Political Theory; J.D.
  • Reading: Naruto, One Piece, and Gantz.  I'd add Bleach, too... but I don't have the eye-brain coordination to understand the action scenes.
  • Watching: Game of Thrones (should start the books), Da Vinci's Demon's (getting bored), Revolution
  • Waiting: Dexter final season, Transformers Prime to pick back up, Avatar the Search comic to be released, Arrow to return in the Fall (awesome finale), Man of Steel release
  • Missing: Fringe, Highlander: The Series, The Pretender, Terminator: The Sarah Chronicles
  • Oh and I just started wearing a different comic T to work out at the gym each week.  So far, no one's recognized the Captain America or Thundercats shirts.  This Superman tshirt this morning was too easy.

By the way - I don't plan on going Paleo... ever... and I don't play video games and I haven't watched a single Star Wars movie beginning to end.  Long live Picard.  I'm a rebel among rebels.

| LVL1 | Human | Ranger/Monk | Neutral Good w/ chaotic tendencies|

| Male | 33 years | 5'7" |168 lbs | Right-handed |

| STR: 3 | DEX: 2 | STA: 3 | CON: 2 | WIS: 4 | CHA: 2 |

Progress Photos Album

Character attributes: Especially self-critical and self-condemning.  Possesses strong polymathic potential, but circumstances, time and the will toward achieving that potential remain in constant fluctuation. Indecisiveness leads to indecision and determination must be coupled with foreseeable goals. Emotional quotient and empathic ability is high.  However, with indifferent resignation, can be detached from people and places .   

well i've never bothered with anything star trek related; and for that matter I only liked the original star wars.  there's all kinds of different people here with different personalities.  a lot are paleo but some are vegetarian, and others decide to go the 'everything in moderation' counters.  It's all about finding something that works for you, sticking to it, and getting support.  welcome to the group.  I have just started watching game of thrones (on episode 7 from netflix).  I hope I can catch up to the current season by the time the finale comes.  I'm also a huge dexter fan, and the walking dead. 

the current 6-week challenge is coming to a close, but perhaps you'd be interested in joining the next one?

Interesting.  Sure, whatever the next challenge is I'm up for it.  When does it get posted?  I saw the current one, but didn't see an upcoming one?

Progress Photos Album

Character attributes: Especially self-critical and self-condemning.  Possesses strong polymathic potential, but circumstances, time and the will toward achieving that potential remain in constant fluctuation. Indecisiveness leads to indecision and determination must be coupled with foreseeable goals. Emotional quotient and empathic ability is high.  However, with indifferent resignation, can be detached from people and places .   

Welcome. Great that you have set these goals ahead. :) I also learned that weight as a number matters little. It's what it's made of that counts. And I can't say that I'm into gaming. Not at all. So you have a partner in non-gaming, I guess.

Level 1 - Adventurer (Cthulhu in dusguise, but don't mind me)

STR: 2 І DEX: 1 І STA: 1 І CON: 2 І WIS: 5 І CHA: 4

Be mindful of your Self-Talk. It's a conversation with the universe.

• Missing: Fringe

YESSSSSSS. Finally! Someone else is missing Frnge! I'm currently re-watching Fringe for the third time, I'm on Season 3 at the moment... I can't get enough of it.

(I may end up getting a tattoo of the Greek phrase. THAT Greek phrase. You better know which one or you're not from here)

Anyhow, welcome to NF! 

Ash nazg durbatulûk

Îα είσαι καλÏτεÏος άνθÏωπος από τον πατέÏα σου

â–²STR 7 | DEX 11 | STA 6 | CON 6 | WIS 9 | CHA 5â–²

Hey there !

Truth is to find what you like.

If you don't like meat, don't think of going paleo, you wouldn't last.

If you don't like veggies, don't go vegetarian, you wouldn't last either.

If you don't like cardio, don't go for a marathon preparation you wouldn't last.

If you find, and do what you like, there is definitely nothing that will stop you, because you will stick to it !

WHAT ??? YOU NEVER SAW ANY STAR WARS ??? WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE !!!

Just kidding, I like the last trilogy which can be considered as dramatic and anyway, everyone was cool with it...

So I don't think you'll have to worry about any judgmental feeling.

Welcome then and hope to see your evolution.

Saiyan in preparation - level 1 : http://streetworkout-france.fr/?p=1230

Drow Monk-Assassin

Intro post

My Battle log

I also learned that weight as a number matters little. It's what it's made of that counts.

5'7" and I weigh 170ish lbs.  The heaviest I've been is 178 and then I calorie counted for a year and lost 25 or so lbs.  However, I still didn't look lean.  That was 5 or 6 years ago.  I used to think that if I lost weight, I'd get the lean physique I wanted and the athletic performance I strived for... that's not it.  Now, I'm looking to get to 12-14% body fat and keep my weight around 165.

the current challenge ends this week.  then there is a week off.  then the new challenge.  just stay posted in the current challenge forums and you'll see.

Good to know.  I'll poke around if I understand what the challenges are. 

YESSSSSSS. Finally! Someone else is missing Frnge! I'm currently re-watching Fringe for the third time, I'm on Season 3 at the moment... I can't get enough of it.

(I may end up getting a tattoo of the Greek phrase. THAT Greek phrase. You better know which one or you're not from here)

Anyhow, welcome to NF! 

I bought September's Notebook.  It's definitely something every fanboy should have.  I haven't looked into the novelizations of Fringe, yet, though. 

If you don't like meat, don't think of going paleo, you wouldn't last.

On the contrary, I would completely go ape on raw meat if my wife would let me.  How's that for paleo? I sneak in bites of raw beef, chicken and pork when I'm preparing food.  I just love the texture and I've luckily not been poisoned yet.  It all started when my sister caught me eating raw bacon when I was 12.  Ironically, I don't like cooked bacon.

Otherwise, I love looking around for good beef tartare.  My wife is okay with that.  We've been meaning to go up to Montreal where I can try sealmeat and horsemeat tartare. 

Progress Photos Album

YAY NEW PEOPLE! Does that mean I can throw out a party? TOO LATE HAHAHAHA -throws tiny star trek confetti everywhere-

Welcome to the party~ Welcome to the fun! Even if you don't like star wars~ We shall dance all night long~!

To Picard or Kirk~ On the Enterprise~ We'll power along with our nerdy songs and gain our fitness prize~

Songs for everybody! Either way glad to have you here! REBEL AGAINST THE POWAH BROTHER.

~Nara~

Art Elemental Adventurer Lvl. 1

STR-6 | DEX-2.5 | STM-3 | CON-4 | WIS-9 | CHR- 4.5

Intro | Misadventures

Challenges:

Doodle Quest Vol.1

Otherwise, I love looking around for good beef tartare.  My wife is okay with that.  We've been meaning to go up to Montreal where I can try sealmeat and horsemeat tartare. 

Welcome to the boards. 

As for steak tartare there is no better recipe than Anthony Bourdain's restaurant Les Halles. None. Period. :D 

"Pull the bar like you're ripping the head off a god-damned lion" - Donny Shankle

Quick question - Can I be a Ranger/Monk hybrid class?  I practice traditional Vietnamese martial arts, but I like strength training and crossfit type activities.  I want to develop more speed, power and explosiveness.  However, given my schedule - I'm only able to train in martial arts on Saturdays.  For the rest of the week, I run and lift weights.  Oh and jumprope... lots of jumprope. 

Progress Photos Album

Quick question - Can I be a Ranger/Monk hybrid class?  I practice traditional Vietnamese martial arts, but I like strength training and crossfit type activities.  I want to develop more speed, power and explosiveness.  However, given my schedule - I'm only able to train in martial arts on Saturdays.  For the rest of the week, I run and lift weights.  Oh and jumprope... lots of jumprope. 

I'm a ranger... we do all kinds of stuff

No need to worry... you can do stuff that fits into more than one guild... just pick yours based on what you like :)

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Level 10.4 Wood-Elf, Ranger - specializing in demon fighting

"doing the impossible since 2012 :D" - Librarian of Doom

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* level 50 isn't gonna just POOF happen - alienjenn, NF IRC chatroom

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

All right then.  This site is fun.  Woohoo

Progress Photos Album

Looking forward to becoming part of the community here.  I just started an album and linked to it in my signature.

Progress Photos Album

YAY NEW PEOPLE! Does that mean I can throw out a party? TOO LATE HAHAHAHA -throws tiny star trek confetti everywhere-

Welcome to the party~ Welcome to the fun! Even if you don't like star wars~ We shall dance all night long~!

To Picard or Kirk~ On the Enterprise~ We'll power along with our nerdy songs and gain our fitness prize~

Songs for everybody! Either way glad to have you here! REBEL AGAINST THE POWAH BROTHER.

Captain Janeway for the win. :D

"Adventure is worthwhile in itself." - Amelia Earhart.

Level 1 Adventurer, Human

STR 1|DEX 1|STA 1|CON 4|WIS 4.5|CHA 4.5

First challenge!

Tumblr food journal

Archived