Forums are back in action! ×

Not doing everything right but still...

Hi everyone - so I started my 1st 6-week challenge. I've weight trained (the basic nerd fitness training plan) since the start.  I've cut back on my eating (I've been keeping a food journal. I have probably drank alcohol the same amount (yes I know that should be cut back - working on that).

Ok, that being said. I haven't lost an inch or pound since I've started. Even with drinks, with everything else you would think something would change right?

Now I was/am still very out of shape so maybe it is just taking longer for my body to go past the "oh crap she's working out now" phase?

I know how you feel, it looks like my measurements and scale will have not moved at all by the end of this challenge. But even though my stats haven't changed, I have noticed something strange: my feet and ankles are looking more defined. So this month, I guess my body's saying: "That giant belly is fine -- those flabby arms are cool, too -- and them chunky thighs are lookin' marvelous! But those feet you keep hidden in your shoes all the time?! GUURL, I gotta tone those up!!"

Bodies are silly sometimes.

600107-oh_you_super.jpg

So yeah, there may be some changes happening that you don't really notice. They may not be as exciting as a smaller waist, but hey, but progress is progress, and I'll take it! Keep working on changing your habits, and your body will eventually start losing where you'd like it to. Keep calm and carry on! :)

Lvl 5 Lightbending Bard
STR: 10 | DEX: 10 | STA: 7 | CON: 9 | WIS: 15 | CHA: 5.5
"If the desire to write is not accompanied by actual writing, then the desire must be not to write." - Hugh Prather

Feel free to drop by my current challenge!

It has taken me a while to start losing some weight too - but keep going.  I find that more than losing pounds my body is changing and the weight is redistributing - or maybe even turning into muscle even though I can't see it yet.  I do know I feel better than when I exercise and eat right so that is a continued motivation! 

Don't give up - good things come to those who wait :redface-new:

Yup, just keep at it. Bodies are weird.

And yeah, I would try cutting back on the alcohol. I know for me this is a huuuuuuuuuuuuge thing, but when I cut it back to (mostly) weekends, so much of my bloat went away.

Level ? Half-Dwarf/Half-Amazon Warrior

STR:21.25 STA:15 DEX: 10.95 CON: 14 WIS:15.5 CHA:17

SWOLE BUCKS: 1

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Guest asdf

Have you progressed fitness-wise in other ways other than the weight loss? Even a little bit? Since starting do you feel stronger? Do you have better endurance? Can you do 5 more pushups than previously? Maybe you haven't lost much weight yet, but you are still brand new on this journey toward getting fit, and if you are working out as hard as you say you are then I guarantee that at the very least you have better heart health, and likely better fitness levels in ways you haven't even recognized yet.

You are probably a better version of yourself than you were 6 weeks ago even though you haven't witnessed any physical evidence of it yet, so don't let yourself get bogged down. These things take time for a lot of people and 6 weeks is a very short amount of time in the grand scheme of things. Keep at your work outs, set some new goals for changing how you eat and over time you'll start to see those changes you want. 

Archived