Forums are back in action! ×

Hello Fellow Rebels,

My name is Dr. Positron (The real name is Joel)....Here are my stats and a short bio -

Height: 5'11

Weight: 165lbs

Fitness Goal: Recreate the scene from Sam Raimi's Spider-Man and play the role of Peter Parker waking up to Tobey Maguire's level of fitness as if it just happened over night (Of course after countless hours of hard work, determination and maintaining a positive attitude!)

Fitness Weakness: I have always been embarrassed to take of my shirt in front of other people and have suffered from low self confidence and combating negative thoughts about how much I dislike how I look pretty much all my life. I want that to change. I have a very weird body type. I'm weight-wise "skinny" I guess and my forearms and calfs are like sticks, but I'm a chubbster in my core/mid section.

I've been reading and following NF for about four to five months now and have decided to get over myself, and my fears and become an active member of the boards. It amazes me how so many of the success stories involve communication and connection with those that have similar goals and drive and I know that this is a step in the right direction. 

I am not totally a n00b to working out. I've always tried to eat healthy and have gone through cycles of working out a lot (I even ran a marathon a few years back) But no matter what I do, I have never been able to achieve my vision of a muscular body. I still have a lot of research to do, but i hope through studying, connecting and sharing with this community I can obtain my goals and in the process help others push through their difficulties and inspire others/be inspired by others to be all they can be. If my bio/stats seem familiar to you, I'd love for you to reach out, tell me about yourself and share where you are on your journey.  I'm someone who loves helping others succeed and am always willing to impart my positive attitude on others to help in anyway I can. Thanks for your time :)

-Dr. Positron

Hey, welcome to the boards :)

The first step is the hardest and you just made it, very cool :positive:

Next challenge starts in about 10 days time, I highly recommend you get on board for that and you definitely should start doing some kind of body weight or lifting exercises.

I'm not that well informed on body types but you might be interested in this site, I don't really have his body type but I found it interesting all the same.

Look forward to seeing you reproduce that spidey clip ;)

Endor, LVL 45 Half-Elf Ranger 

PR and Motivation Log | Current Battle Log 

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

Dominic,

Thanks so much for the reply! That article was a fantastic read.  I know, being honest with myself, that I do have cheat days and those are really holding me back.  I really agree with his points on cheating and how you have to really be disciplined in order for cheating not to be a detriment to your progress.

Also, the challenge you were referring to in 10 days....What is that exactly? I didn't know if you were referring to something specifically.

Thanks for the advice and I really do appreciate you reaching out. Take care!

Nevermind! LIke most things, I just needed to do a little research and I discovered what the challenge was. Can't wait to sign up!

I guess that was a bit presumptuous of me! In case anyone else reads the thread, there is some 6 week challenge info here: http://nerdfitnessrebellion.com/index.php?/forum/253-rulesfaq/

Endor, LVL 45 Half-Elf Ranger 

PR and Motivation Log | Current Battle Log 

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

Archived