Forums are back in action! ×

Anyone Else Tried Lift Big Eat Big Programming?

AllonsY!

I've just started some of the programming that Lift Big Eat Big has on their site. I don't care for their nutritional ideas but I do love that they lift some heavy stuff on a very regular basis and that they are really, really strong. As a Warrior I look up to these guys quite a bit. 

That being said; has anyone else tried their training programming? I'm just starting the strength and conditioning one: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B0DL9J4Bi6RlMlAwbU1oWWZHcEU/edit

Did you hit any snags?

Did you get good results?

Did you blow a knee cap across the TARDIS? 

Did you wind up able to swing a Gullwacker harder than Mariel?

Allons-y!

If deadlifts were easy they'd be called ellipticals.

If you can't fix it with fish oil and squats you're probably going to die. ~ Marshall White

TIME LORD, The Warrior, Level 3: STE: 12, DEX: 12, STA: 5; CON: 5.75, WIS: 9; CHA: 2

Be strong in the Lord and in the strength of his might. Ephesians 6.10

-           -      -   -  -  -  -  -  - - - - - - - -----------------------------------------------

LBEB will polarize a lot of folks. I like their approach to strength training and not caring a fig for looks. (although, I cynically and secretly think that they do) I also like their slightly overpriced apparel. What I don't like is their arrogance about it. Their facebook posts often respond to legitimate questions with scorn and derision. Not cool in my book. Marshall White is a respected strongman but he talks shit about other people all the time.

Also, yes. I did try their program for about 4 weeks last year. With my schedule, I couldn't sustain the 5x a week training. It was fun though. Very different from my usual starting strength stuff. But, I like my _boring_ SS training. :)

Ancalagon The Black. Half Dragon Spellsword

I keep meaning to look into it but can't see google docs at work. I'd be interested in checking it out though as they mix conditioning into their trianing while still making plenty of gains and being strong as hell, which I'd be into figuring out how to do.

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

LBEB will polarize a lot of folks. I like their approach to strength training and not caring a fig for looks. (although, I cynically and secretly think that they do) I also like their slightly overpriced apparel. What I don't like is their arrogance about it. Their facebook posts often respond to legitimate questions with scorn and derision. Not cool in my book. Marshall White is a respected strongman but he talks shit about other people all the time.

Also, yes. I did try their program for about 4 weeks last year. With my schedule, I couldn't sustain the 5x a week training. It was fun though. Very different from my usual starting strength stuff. But, I like my _boring_ SS training. :)

I'm pretty much on the same page. Marshall has some great one-liners (such as the ones I quote in my signature) but they can be really rude at points. They especially hate on body builder style routines and people. But that being said, I really like the combo of olympic lifting and strength training. I'm going to do my best to stick with it and report back I was just wondering if anyone else had tried their training.

Allons-y!

If you can't fix it with fish oil and squats you're probably going to die. ~ Marshall White

TIME LORD, The Warrior, Level 3: STE: 12, DEX: 12, STA: 5; CON: 5.75, WIS: 9; CHA: 2

-           -      -   -  -  -  -  -  - - - - - - - -----------------------------------------------

I check it quite often for reference. I read most of the articles, and check out the vids.  I'm not eating as much as they do though. 

"A sharp knife is nothing without a sharp eye" - Koloth

"Ya can't grill it until ya kill it" - Uncle Ted

"If it ain't Metal...IT'S CRAP!!!" - Dee Snider

The eat big part scares me. I'm much better at lifting than I am at eating. How much do they recommend you eat?

Their epic meals section on the website will give you nightmares then.  It's awesome.

500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

I went through three months of their programming at the beginning of the year.  My shoulders and legs were definitely gaining size.  And I enjoyed the variety of the programming, but I came to the realization that I'm not at the level where that much variety is necessary for me.  I'm better off deadlifting every week instead of sumo DL's this week, rack pulls next week,  deficit pulls the week after that...  The length of the workouts started getting to me too.

I definitely took a lot of cues from their conditioning workouts though.  I still push/pull a sled almost every week, and sandbag carries and car pushing is a lot of fun too!  

The path to Swolehalla is paved with a lot of Swolehate, and you won't get there without being Swole of Spirit too.

Race: Fiendish Blue Extension Cord

Class: Warrior
Links:  MFP  Battle Log  Current Challenge

I wish this program was around (or at least I'd known about it) back when I was in my heavy lifting phase. I certainly at times showed flashes of eating big & lifting big, but not to the extent they are. Would have been interesting to give it a shot though.

rybo, level 4 Human assassinSTR 16|DEX 7.5|STA 9|CON 12|WIS 8.5|CHA 5 

I've been sticking with it for a couple weeks now. The workouts are actually a little easier than I expected... just more frequent. Again, I'm not eating as much as that. I'm not as interested in gains at the moment as I am at dropping a few pounds of fat. That is why I'm doing the strength and conditioning program. 

THere have been two workouts with over 100 burpees so far though. I'm not loving that!

Anyone else disgusted with Marshall's video on eating? That dude is gonna die at 50 from heart failure.

Allons-y!

Haven't had time, though I doubt with his level of activity he will be having any heart issues any time soon.

500 / 330 / 625

Archived