Forums are back in action! ×

No more excuses.

I've been checking out this website for a few days and thought I would actually join the community.

The Why

I always struggled with being the weak skinny kid whenever I was growing up, and at 16 I was diagnosed with a mild form of Marfan Syndrome which is a connective tissue disorder. People with this disorder tend to be tall and lanky, have skeletal deformities and heart problems. As I mentioned my case is mild but it was enough to affect the way I developed. Most people wouldn't know anything was wrong with me unless they saw me without a shirt on.

I used all of the things that came with this infirmity as an excuse not to get in shape. I didn't see the point in working out if my body was malformed. I couldn't rewrite my genetic code. I couldn't reform my spine or make my limbs more proportional. So I didn't do anything.

Then, I started to do more research into Marfan Syndrome and how people have overcome it. I started to look at myself again and where once I saw apathy or disappointment I found motivation. I vowed to make those things invalid. I vowed to become stronger, fitter, healthier. Even if I couldn't change the way my body developed I could change the way It looks, and the way I feel.

The How

I've recently started running and using resistance bands for strength and tone. I started eating better by cutting out all junk foods and eating lean meats and more fruits and vegetables.

The Goal

I want to look at myself in the mirror and see strength and power and not weakness.

Otherwise I want to get into boxing as a sport to mix in with my fitness routine.

Level 1 Elf Adventurer

6WC-1

Thanks for the welcome and same to you. I definitely hear the "no excuses" mentality in your voice. Awesome.

ZÃHORIE SCOUT

Level 1

Str-1 | Dex-1 | Sta-3 | Con-3 | Wis-4 | Cha-3

Success is not final; failure is not fatal.

It is the courage to continue that counts.

-Winston Churchill

Archived