Forums are back in action! ×

You all and your awesomeness are why I am here

I am a noob here. Like many who have come before me I struggle with my weight and have been a 'yo-yoer' for years.

Today I say no more! I am not sure what my ultimate goal is going to be, but this is the day when I stop thinking about getting healthy and start living the life I want to have.

I have joined the rebellion in order to be held accountable for when my actions are out of alignment with the triforce of awesome of nerd fitness (which is a really big deal for me because it is the first online group I have ever joined. I am much more of a silent spook at forums and sites that interest me...and am still a Facebook holdout).

So, there it is. The plan is still coming together, but I will walk for 30 minutes at least three days in the next week. I will update with more concrete goals soon.

Thanks AverageFish. Have you tried the eating Paleo? I am not much of a meat eater, in fact I have been mostly vegan for the last year, so am still thinking about how to change my diet. I am definitely going to go clean and cut out all the processed junk, but am still toying with the idea of trying Paleo.

Hello the two of you!  Welcome to the family!!

There will be a new 6 week challenge starting on 3 June, and it would be great to see you there :)  If you're not sure what class you should be, you're more than welcome to join the Adventurers.  You will find great Accountability squads in the challenges too.  If you'r enot interested in the challenge, you can create your own battle log and track in there.

Have fun and good luck with achieving your goals.

Half Faerie (Sidhe) Scout | Black Belt Kitchen Ninja
"A positive attitude will not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort" - Herm Albright
You're welcome to skype me (audriwolf) too but let me know who you are

My challenge

Thanks AverageFish. Have you tried the eating Paleo? I am not much of a meat eater, in fact I have been mostly vegan for the last year, so am still thinking about how to change my diet. I am definitely going to go clean and cut out all the processed junk, but am still toying with the idea of trying Paleo.

I don't really follow Paleo, I'm more along the lines of limiting the processed junk myself. There are lots of folks here who are Paleo, though, as well as Primal, vegetarian, vegan, and probably some I'm forgetting. That's one of the great things about this forum, there's no insistence on following a single right way, just lots of support for finding and sticking with what works for you. Check out the nutrition forums, you'll find like-minded nerds for your eating style of choice as well as experienced nerds to answer your questions if you're thinking of trying something new.

Archived