Forums are back in action! ×

Hello Everyone!

Hello Everyone!

A little bit about me: I am 27 years old, I work as an IT person for a National Laboratory. I am 6â€1 and as of this morning 274 pounds. I have a Wife and two beautiful children. My son will be three in about a week and my daughter will be one in less than a week. I have been married for six years. Last October I went to the doctor because I was feeling tired all the time. I knew I was overweight, but I felt there was more to the tiredness than just that. They ran a bunch of test and found I had high blood pressure, low testosterone and I was insulin resistant. They put me on medicine  to help with these issues. I then decided to lower the carbs I was eating to help my insulin resistance. This in turn made me lose about twenty pounds from October till late February. By then I had went from three hundred and twenty to just three hundred pounds. Then for a few weeks my weight didn't change. I got really frustrated and wondered why I had stopped losing weight. One of my co-workers had been doing Paleo and had talked to me about it. So I decided to try it! I began on March 18th, I am now doing a combo of Paleo/Keto and loving every minute of it. I have now decided to take it a step further and begin to exercise. I thought this would be a great place to get tips and encouragement for my new lifestyle.  In the next month or so my wife and I are going to start the whole family on Paleo.  Any ideas or suggestions you might  have please let me know.

Level 1 Orc Adventure 

STR – 4 DEX – 2 STA – 2 CON – 2 WIS – 3 CHA – 2

Current Challenge: Madddogg's Path to Fitness

Accountibilibuddies: Rogue Squadron

Diets don't work, a lifestyle change is necessary!

Go confidently in the direction of your dreams!

Hi Madddog! Congratulations on your weight loss! Did your glucose levels improve after losing? MY hubby is 6ft 310 lbs, 25 years old, diabetic for about 4 years(it runs in his family his mother and brother were diabetic from 14), high blood pressure. I am starting to ease into Paleo (starting by cutting out grains and soda) and am trying to get him to do the same. I am also having a hard time getting him to exercise. He is a stubborn one, smh. I eventually want to move my family to Paleo as well :)

Level 1 Half-Elf

Ranger in training

STR 1 | DEX 2 | STA 2 | CON 4 | WIS 4 | CHA 2

My Challenge!

"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost;

The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost."

My glucose levels have improved.  I am going to the doctor again Friday to get check again and I will report back as well.

Level 1 Orc Adventure 

STR – 4 DEX – 2 STA – 2 CON – 2 WIS – 3 CHA – 2

Current Challenge: Madddogg's Path to Fitness

Accountibilibuddies: Rogue Squadron

Diets don't work, a lifestyle change is necessary!

Go confidently in the direction of your dreams!

Archived