Forums are back in action! ×

So this happened.

Oh the many adventures I'm having with this home purchase...

A little backstory, working on remodeling my bathroom and just adopted a new little friend. Locked her in that bathroom so that the existing cat could acclimate that there's a new one in the house.

Go outside, get my kayak pulled to the shore, come back and grab a couple summer shandy's... decide to take a peek in to make sure she's ok.... she's gone. Effing gone... I look all over the bathroom. Everywhere.

I look at the uncovered heating duct and my stomach drops. I'm convinced she's crawled into the duct work. I crouch and call for her, hearing rustling, then -nothing-. Silence.

I call for my man servant who courageously goes into the crawlspace and dutifully begins undoing the duct work, tapping and shaking it... looking for her. Nothing.

An hour passes. I'm sure she's a goner. When I look at the hole where my medicine cabinet is to be installed..  I shine a light...... There she is.

We gingerly sawed my cat out of a wall.

photo_zpscbfb4988.jpg

Level 2 Wood Elf. Druid at Heart, Training With the RangersSTR 7|DEX 3|STA 9|CON 5.5|WIS 5.75|CHA 3.5

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/30484-gilfrens-grab-at-great-gams/?hl=gilfren]Challenge Thread

LOL awesome.  That's just AWESOME.

I had my old cat for years- since she was a wee tike- and when she was a wee tike- she figured out how to get under the fire place (which had this weird stone facing thing- that were actual mortared in stone "pillars"   the space actually was a big U shape- and she wound up on the other side (it's a good 4 feet back down to the U turn part to get from one side to the other)
  we spend a good 30 minutes trying to figure out where the mewing was coming from- and we finally found her- then had to chip the motar off a stone to get her out.

Cat's are magical at finding hiding spaces.  

glad you found her though!!!

I had a good laugh when she crawled out. But that hour where it was silent and I was running through what the hell i was going to tell the foster family that we adopted her from.... ho'boy.

I will never forget this.

And it's motivation to finish that remodel a liiiitttle quicker

Level 2 Wood Elf. Druid at Heart, Training With the RangersSTR 7|DEX 3|STA 9|CON 5.5|WIS 5.75|CHA 3.5

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/30484-gilfrens-grab-at-great-gams/?hl=gilfren]Challenge Thread

When we first moved into our house there was an open space in the wall of the spare room to access the bathroom plumbing (i guess? former owners were a bit...different i think). It was blocked off with a sheet of drywall, but somehow one of our cats got into it, and because this was the second floor and it was right behind the tub, into the ceiling. I was ready to rip shit out (and disable the only working bathroom at that point) to get her out. She came out later on her own, in the middle of the night, covered in cobwebs, but fine. It was terrifying though.

Human Adventurer

Str: 3 | Dex: 2 | Sta:2 | Con:3 | Wis:3 | Cha:2

I've got no strings to hold me down, to make me smile or make me frown...

Our cat hasn't found anywhere where we needed to do demo to get her out, but yeah, that point where you're looking for an hour and can't find the thing, it's crazy.  We took her down the shore to my grandmom's and she ran into hiding. We knew she'd come out and explore a bit at night when all was quiet, but wanted to know the spot. Looked for 45 minutes before finally finding her in a closet inside a folding bed.

Her home spot is beneath our bed inside the box spring, which she ripped a hole in to get into. We have these wooden drawers that fit snuggly under the bed, so she sits inside of the box spring, on top of the drawer. Pics of pieces below to visualize, our bed is wider with just 1 drawer height beneath, couldn't find the exact picture. She hid here when we first got her and it's her default comfort place.  Luckily I knew right where to find her as the bedset was my parents' growing up and all 6-10 of our cats did the same thing. The drawers are 5-6 inches shorter than the bed length on ours, so there's only 2 ways to get in and there's a nice big dark space to hang out in between and on top of the drawers. It's a pain in the ass to get them out if you need them for something, like going to the vet or getting ready to move.  it got to the point where I had to disassamble the bed a day or 2 before the move so I wouldn't have to worry about her hiding there once company came.

308-300.jpg196-300.jpg

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

The cat I have now- I just got her about a month after my other cat was put down (the one from above) .... she literally disappeared for 3 days- I knew she was in the house- and I knew she was still there- things knocked over- food missing whatever- but I had no clue where she was for 3 days.  Down stairs basement behind a tool box- she is also all black- and she continues to live int eh basement.

I officially have a basement cat.

MUAH HA HA HA HA HA

haha been close to that.  When I best friend past away, I took on his cats.  Everything seemed ok, then one I hear all this scratching near the kitchen sink.  Then nothing.  First thought was "Oh shit, do he have something stuck in the wall trying to get in the house?"  Then I asked where Clyde was.  Sure enough he found his way into a tiny opening near the top of the sink, and got in between the wall and cabient.  I guess there is a little space in the corner area.  I couldn't see in, so I just aimed my phone in there and saw it was him. 

clydehiding.jpg

Luckily, we didn't have to cut anything to get him out.  We just have to make sure no cats can get in that cabinet area now ;)

So yeah, cats are crazy :)

haha been close to that.  When I best friend past away, I took on his cats.  Everything seemed ok, then one I hear all this scratching near the kitchen sink.  Then nothing.  First thought was "Oh shit, do he have something stuck in the wall trying to get in the house?"  Then I asked where Clyde was.  Sure enough he found his way into a tiny opening near the top of the sink, and got in between the wall and cabient.  I guess there is a little space in the corner area.  I couldn't see in, so I just aimed my phone in there and saw it was him. 

clydehiding.jpg

Luckily, we didn't have to cut anything to get him out.  We just have to make sure no cats can get in that cabinet area now ;)

So yeah, cats are crazy :)

Dude, there's coordinates for a buried treasure on the wall!

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

What a naughty kitty! Cats will find a way to wedge themselves into the tiniest of spaces.

Long ago, when I was moving out of my rental house into my new home, I had locked my cat up into the garage while the movers were working. I left him free instead of cramming him into a carrier because it was going to be a while. When the movers were done moving my stuff into the new house, I grabbed some food and returned to the rental house. I walked into the garage...and my cat was gone. At first glance, there was nowhere for him to go...until I realized that there was a clothes dryer duct leading outside. You wouldn't think a cat could squeeze through a little L-shaped duct, but he did. He was hanging out in the backyard looking pretty pleased with himself, and I tricked him into coming to me by offering him a piece of my burger. :D

Hobbit Scout

Level 1

STR 3 DEX 2 STA 4 CON 1 WIS 3 CHA 2

"Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional."

Haha, oh, no! Kitties are so darn curious, they always have something fun going on. You can rest assured she'll know every nook and cranny of her new kingdom. :)

Lvl 5 Lightbending Bard
STR: 10 | DEX: 10 | STA: 7 | CON: 9 | WIS: 15 | CHA: 5.5
"If the desire to write is not accompanied by actual writing, then the desire must be not to write." - Hugh Prather

Feel free to drop by my current challenge!

Apparently before I started working in the hospital I'm at now a feral cat freaked out, got out of the trap and into the ceiling, it's hard to explain how but there is a bit of space for access above the exam rooms. I have been terrified of this happening to me. It almost did but the cat couldn't jump quite high enough. I worry more now about the birds we see who are in full flight getting stuck in there.

And in this existence, I'll stay persistent

And I'll make a difference, and I will have lived it- MFTP

Battle Log