Forums are back in action! ×

New the forums, but not the site

Hey All, 

I've been reading Nerd Fitness for a while now and with the start of the next challenge decided to finally join in on the forums. 

A little about me: I'm a 28 year old Software Engineer living in Chandler, AZ. I got engaged in January and we will be getting married on our 10th anniversary in December. Another motivator for me is keeping my dogs healthy. I have an 9 year old lab mix and a 12 year old Border Collie mix. While they are both older, I like to keep them as active as I can so they stay healthy as long as possible. I have been pretty much yo-yo dieting since I was 12 and I want to finally make the change for good. It's been a little frustrating, because it has gotten much harder to lose weight as I get older. 

What makes me "nerdy": I LOVE board games. My fiance and I run a board game meetup out of house every other Saturday and have setup our house the accommodate as many people as possible. Including having two tables in our kitchen and bookcases full of games. =) Also, I love most of the typical shows; Star Trek (all of them, but TNG the most), Firefly/Serenity, Dr. Who, Game of Thrones (books and show), Buffy, Angel, all the comic book movies, The Guild and probably more that I just can't think of right now. I also occasionally play video games, but less and less as I've gotten into board games. A bit less typically, I love old Disney animated movies (and some of the new ones). I enjoy reading mostly sci fi/fantasy with some mystery thrown in. There may be more things, but I just can't think of any of them. 

Hopefully with the challenge I have finally found something I will stick with to the end. 

Level 2 Half-Orc Adventurer

STR 4  |  DEX 3  |  STA 5  |  CON 5  |  WIS 6.5  |  CHA 5.5

My First Challenge My Current Challenge

Archived