Forums are back in action! ×

Lifting a little more and weight goal has been reached!

It's nothing special but... I'm happy with myself. :D

I can now FINALLY bench press 100kg, I started doing it last week and I was thrilled. I've also started to clean press 57kg, using one of those strong man steel log things as well as a couple of ten kilo plates (the "log" alone weighs 37kg). :)

Unfortunately my dead lift is still lack luster (120-130kg) and my squat is kind of "stuck" at the moment on 100-110kg. 

Also, I have reached my goal weight of getting below 100kg (99.5kg to be exact). I need to be below 100kg by this Friday, because I will be flying interstate to compete at the Australian National Judo Championships. I fight in the -100kg division (where competitors are 90-99kg), so I am so happy to have finally reached 99.5kg... considering at the beginning of this year in January, I was 106kg. :/ 

Going to +100kg is absolute suicide, once you're there it's anything goes. You could basically be 101kg, fighting someone who is 140kg. It's too dangerous. :tongue:

Just thought I'd share those accomplishments. :)

It's nothing special but... 

I beg to differ.  It's AWESOME!  Congrats on reaching the big bench press goal and nice job getting your weight under 100kg.  That's great!  Best of luck at the championships--take some pics for us!  

Level 2 Rebel
STR 5 | DEX 4 | STA 4 | CON 6 | WIS 7.5 | CHA 4.5

Aspiring Assassin | 1 | Current

I beg to differ.  It's AWESOME!  Congrats on reaching the big bench press goal and nice job getting your weight under 100kg.  That's great!  Best of luck at the championships--take some pics for us!  

Thank you! :) 

I'll be taking some photos at the nationals for my friends. Hopefully I can give someone a camera in time for my fights. :P 

Ahhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!! Craig darling, this is SO FANTASTIC! :D Congrats!!!! You should be VERY proud of all your hard work!!!!

Pirate Kender Druid, Level 3

1.5 STR | 1 DEX | 1 STA | 7 CON | 3 WIS | 3 CHA

Specializes in flexibility, determination, promoting peace and giggling

Spoiler

"And though she be but little, she is fierce." -Shakespeare

"She loved life and life loved her back."

"It does not take a majority to prevail, only an irate, tireless minority keen on setting brush fires of freedom in the minds of men."

-Samuel Adams

"Sometimes there's so much beauty in the world I feel like I can't take it, like my heart's going to cave in." -Ricky Fitts, American Beauty

"I owe to God the gifts given me, to God alone. Without Him I am nothing." -Sergei Rachmaninoff

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called the children of God. -Matthew 5:9

I got back in late last night from down south, where the Australian National Judo Championships were held. Weighing in at 98.3kg, I competed in two divisions, the men's -100kg Kyu grade (no black belts, green to brown only) and then on Sunday I fought in the senior men's -100kg division (the big boys, basically). Unfortunately, I lost all my fights. :(

I had three fights in total. One fight on Saturday (which I lost due to a mistake) and two fights on Sunday. On Sunday, I had one fight where I completely stood no chance against the guy, completely out classed (and I'm surprised his throw,

, didn't knock me out... the link by the way is just to show what Uchimata looks like). In my second fight, I lost due to yet another mistake. It's okay though, it is all a learning experience and every time I go to nationals, I become inspired and go to the next one stronger and better. Maybe next year I'll get someone.

However, some people on our team did quite well. Two of the cadet boys of our team both won a bronze medal each and one of our junior girls won a silver medal, so massive effort to them. :)

That's it. Taking a few days break, maybe a week, then I'll be back on it. I plan on concentrating on technique, strength, fitness and size for the next six to eight months, then for the remainder of time I'll be looking to cut my weight to make sure I am under 100kg. 

I took A LOT of photos, and my best friend also helped me out taking photos (she couldn't compete due to a broken toe shortly before the nationals >_<), so I'll be working on those at some stage. 

Thanks for the kind messages everybody. :)