Forums are back in action! ×

Who's Next, Doctor?

So who would you like to see as the 12th Doctor?

And do you think they'll change the 12 reincarnations limit?

I'd like to see a female Doctor. But that may explode some heads.

As for the limit I think Moffat and Davies before him have been trying to do away with that number. It would mean we have two Doctors left (the 12th and 13th). There is some lore built in the original series (Rassilon having invented regeneration and letting it only have 12 uses) but in the new series you have a different explanation of the origins (being exposed for so long to the Untempered Schism). 

Part of me wants the limit to be true just so that they can end Dr Who properly. But there is another part of me that just wants the show to go on forever. 

Also I want to see the 12th be the Valeyard.

Spoliers:

Or maybe John Hurt is the Valeyard.

"Pull the bar like you're ripping the head off a god-damned lion" - Donny Shankle

I know my boyfriend is really hoping the next doctor is a female, just to mix things up a bit.  In all honesty, it took a while for Matt Smith as the Doctor to grow on me (I didn't really like his portrayal at first until I went back and rewatched the entire reboot from Christopher Eccleston through David Tennant and on to Matt Smith) so I'm not sure what I'd personally like to see next. 

We're also in the process of catching up on old Doctor Who and have rented just about everything Netflix had available for the 1st through 8th Doctor (we seem to be in a Jon Pertwee fix at the moment).

bigm141414 - Wouldn't that little spoiler you posted be an interesting turn of events?

:strawberry: GolfCart34 :strawberry:

Twitter | FaceBook | Instagram

*I'm not the type of person who is scared of something.  If something is going to happen it's meant to be. - Kimi Raikkonen*

*We have to remember these days.  We have to enjoy them while they last.  You should never lose the passion and the joy and always remember the days when you were just dreaming of these things happening.  For all of us it is important just to enjoy the moment and realize there is more time later on in our lives to realize what it meant. - Sebastian Vettel*

There are so many possibilities!!!  Not sure who I want - my friend wants to see Rupert Grint (finally ginger!) or Matthew Lewis - I am having trouble seeing that in my head though.

I do know that regeneration = crying  :upset: I'm so excited for a new Doctor though, they've done pretty well so far :D

Level Two Time Lord Adventurer
STR - 3 DEX - 1 STA - 2 CON - 3 WIS - 3 CHA - 3

Some folks on Tumblr really want Chiwetel Ejiofor as the next Doctor, which would be cool, although in my head he is always The Operative in "Serenity".

My mind got blown after seeing him in Kinky Boots, the juxtaposition of Lola vs the Operative was just too much! I don't think I could take him as the Doctor! ;)

Oogie McGuire

Black Sheep Shepherdess

STR 4.25 | DEX 4.5 | STA 3.75 | CON 3 | WIS 4.75 | CHA 1

I'm not sure who I'd like to play the new Doctor, but I wouldn't mind having some a little less hyper.  I don't mind Matt Smith, but I found him to be too similar to David Tennant; changing up the personality would be cool.

Level 4 Amazon Warrior
STR: 16 | DEX: 5.75 | STA: 9.5 | CON: 9.25 | WIS: 7.5 | CHA: 7.5

FITOCRACY

The best activities for your health are pumping and humping. - Arnold

Quoth the raven "One rep more" - Edgar Allan Bro

So the fact that Matt Smith Recognized John Hurt means that he's from his past. Which means that the 11th Doctor is actually the 12th incarnation of the Doctor. So if they stick to the rule, they're on the last one. Of course, I can't believe that Moffat won't just get rid of the rule (he's changed enough of the back story already). Anyway, I have no idea who I would want to see as the Doctor, nor what kind of personality I want him to have.

Level 3 Ranger

STR: 6 | DEX: 3 | STA: 9 | CON: 4 | WIS: 6 | CHA: 5

Current Challenge

It's funny that you mention Rupert Grint, I was thinking about him the other day. I don't know if he'd be good as the Doctor but a ginger would be neat. Simon Pegg would make an amazing Doctor in my opinion.

My only real hope this that they get someone older. We've had three young doctors it would nice to have someone like Hartnell back in the saddle.

Allons-y!

If deadlifts were easy they'd be called ellipticals.

If you can't fix it with fish oil and squats you're probably going to die. ~ Marshall White

TIME LORD, The Warrior, Level 3: STE: 12, DEX: 12, STA: 5; CON: 5.75, WIS: 9; CHA: 2

Be strong in the Lord and in the strength of his might. Ephesians 6.10

-           -      -   -  -  -  -  -  - - - - - - - -----------------------------------------------

Honestly, I don't want someone who's relatively established like Colin Morgan or John Hurt. I'd rather them be the Doctor in my mind and nothing else (The one exception to that being Emma Watson. I'm fine with her being the Doctor haha). Chiwetel Ejiofor and Ben Daniels because they both have a different look, and would have a unique personality. Plus they're both older than Matt and we could use another more mature Doctor (Not that Matt hasn't been awesome).

AllonsY, I don't think I'd ever want a Doctor as old as Hartnell again. I like the idea of a 30-40 year old doctor the most, but a Doctor in their 60s just seems to old.

[*]Human Adventurer working on being a Monk

[*]STR: 2, DEX: 2, STA: 1, CON: 3, WIS: 4, CHA: 3

Also, as to the Doctor's regeneration, I personally don't think they'll try and make it too sad. 11 has been to goofy and quirky to go out with a sad, Tennant-like ending. I see him doing something kind of entertaining, more spontaneous like Ecclestons (But not exactly).

I agree! I think (& hope) it's fairly cheery haha

Also agree they shouldn't be too old or well-known. I've heard a lot of speculation about Ben Daniels being the guy (I don't even know who he is haha). But yeah I look back at William Hartnell and while he's quirky he struck me as so, antisocial! Well I've only seen the first few eps so I can't say for sure but...it would be going backwards I reckon!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Level Two Time Lord Adventurer
STR - 3 DEX - 1 STA - 2 CON - 3 WIS - 3 CHA - 3

I'm not sure who Ben Daniels is, but he definitely looks like he'd make a good doctor from what I've seen. Benedict Cumberbatch was thrown around too, but he's too villainous/antihero-ish to be the Doctor in my opinion

I could see the anti hero type . as much as the dr has dealt with i could see him almost not caring

lvl 1Half Orc Ranger

STR: 4 | DEX: 2 | CON: 4 | STA: 1 | WIS: 2 | CHA: 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

We are Rangers.

We walk in the dark places no others will enter.

We stand on the bridge, and no one may pass.

First Challenge

http://www.nerdfitness.com/community/showthread.php?17992-Shagy-s-Pull-head-out-of-_______

I'd be disappointed if the new Doctor was anyone I'd heard of.  Lots of great suggestions, but most them bring too much baggage as others have said.

So I think my criteria would be:

1)  Someone who's not had an iconic role elsewhere

2)  Someone who's a seriously good actor, with range.  A lot of comic actors could do eccentric and manic, but the Doctor needs to be able to do light and dark, comedy and tragedy.  I thought David Tennant was particularly good with anger and sorrow and loneliness, as well as the shouting and running around.  But I think a lot of actor/comedians might struggle with this.

3)  An alien-like otherness.  Matt Smith did start out a bit Tennant-Lite, but one of the things I like about him is that it's not hard to believe that he's not human.

Level 4 Human Adventurer / Level 4 Scout, couch to 5k graduate, six time marathon finisher.

Spoiler

Current 5k Personal Best: 22:00 / 21:23 / 21:13 / 21:09 / 20:55 / 20:25 (4th July 17)

Current 5 mile PB: 36:41 35:27 34:52 (10th May 17)

Current 10k PB: 44:58 44:27 44:07 44:06 43:50 (29th June 17)

Current Half Marathon PB: 1:41:54 1:38:24 1:37:47 1:37:41 (14th June 15)

Current Marathon PB: 3:39:34 3:29:49 (10th April 16)

Bigm141414, you just blew my mind. Benedict Cumberbatch as the Valeyard. Maybe an entire season's story arc should focus on the Valeyard, like The Master a few seasons back. Although, I'm thinking *Season finale kind-of spoiler warning* John Hurt could be the Valeyard.

Personally, my favorite is Chiwetel Ejiofor, because he seems to be a favorite, and it seems like he could provide a very different Doctor than Matt Smith's manic wackiness (not that I don't like his wackiness).

I'd hate to see a female doctor ... seriously. :blink: I'm a feminist and all, but I'm running out of fictional male role models for my son ... everyone is female these days ... :blink:... just recently he told me that: "girls are smarter than boys". I mean, come on ! 

Erm, I'm disgressing - I'll have a hard time letting go anyway. I just love Matt Smith's maniacal quirkiness. I was seriously, seriously sad for a couple of days when I learned he'd be leaving. :(

Level 3 Human Assassin

STR 6 DEX 7 STA 8 CON 1 WIS 9 CHA 3

challenges 1 2 3 daily battle log

6 months goals

A rumor running through the Doctor Who/BBC fansite is Emma Watson which would be just odd. If they go with a female, I hope that she will be someone less well known and not too "omg girl!" 

Hugh Laurie couldn't do it since the Doctors have all regenerated into younger men each time. He's too old. 

I love John Hurt, but I think he's too well known. For me, he'll always be the dragon in Merlin. >_>

Personally, I think it wold be fun to go with someone who is relatively new to acting in front of cameras. Someone who will grow into the role, who we can watch change into something amazing (*crossing fingers here*). I am not very fond of static characters. Give me someone who changes and evolves as they get comfortable in their role. Yet, this person should not be too human. Matt Smith managed to get the Doctor to a more alien-like presence, so a too-human Doctor would probably throw me off. 

One of the greatest discoveries man makes, one of the greatest surprises, is to find he can do what he was afraid he couldn't do. -- Henry Ford

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. -- Groucho Marx

Battle Chronicles of Sacculina

Sacculina's Wordpress

john hurt looks pretty cool in the season finale and we haven't had an old doctor in quite some time so i hope its him. 

Level 3 Half Giant Assassin

STR-7 DEX-2 STA-5 CON-2 WIS-4 CHA-3

“We want to see the newest things. That is because we want to see the future, even if only momentarily. It is the moment in which, even if we don't completely understand what we have glimpsed, we are nonetheless touched by it. This is what we have come to call art.†― Takashi Murakami 

73%
73%

The Road to 210lb, Currently at 218lb

The idea of Hugh Laurie is intriguing....  I think he's too well known, especially for the American accent he puts on.  But somehow I like the idea of a more gruff Doctor.  And an older one too.  Maybe that will take care of all the googly eyed female companions......

Level 4 Amazon Warrior
STR: 16 | DEX: 5.75 | STA: 9.5 | CON: 9.25 | WIS: 7.5 | CHA: 7.5

FITOCRACY

The best activities for your health are pumping and humping. - Arnold

Quoth the raven "One rep more" - Edgar Allan Bro