Forums are back in action! ×

My Fitness Journey and Introduction

Hey all,

I am a college student who is obsessed with working out, playing video games and reading books. During high school I swam competitively on the swim team. And now I am a lifeguard and a swim coach at my local community pool. 

At the beginning of my senior year of high school I was a chubby kid who weighed 200 lbs and had no discipline with eating healthy. I started seriously workout out about a year ago during my senior year of high school. I hopped on the fitness wagon because one day during swim practice the workout consisted of pull-ups. 

Most of us could not do a single unassisted pull-up but I was still embarrassed because I and highly competitive and I want to be the best at whatever I am doing. So then I began to work hard on practicing pull-ups and researching different variations to make me stronger.

Then during the summer I reached 164 lbs and 20 straight pull-ups.

Then freshman year of college rolled around and I continued to workout everyday. I loved waking up at 5:30 every morning. I gained 10 lbs of mostly muscle during the school year. Now I am sitting at 174 lbs and 27 straight pull-ups.

I recently discovered bar calisthenics and parkour and I am trying to work on both. (They look awesome on youtube, haha)

I am excited that I found this site and it looks like an awesome support group and a great way to be held accountable for your goals. I have always had trouble with goals because I never write them out but I did that and I am now working on the six week challenge.

I am looking forward to being a part of this site!

Lvl-2 Human Assassin

STR-5  DEX-3  STA-4  CON-4  WIS-2  CHA-2

The greatest pleasure in life is in doing what people say you cannot do.
-Walter Bagehot

The Challenge!

Archived