Forums are back in action! ×

Healthy Snacks for DnD Session?

Our annual DnD weekend retreat is coming up, where a bunch of friends go out camping and play DnD all weekend.

I want to bring some more healthy options to the snack table, but have it be something that people will actually eat. (So something more than a veggie plate)

Anyone have some good suggestions on yummy goodies that go well with slaying evil...or good...depending on your alignment? :playful:

It's not 80% diet, 20% exercise, it's 100% diet, 100% exercise. Give it your all.

My journey (Date - Total - BF % - LBM)

2012-01-01 - 242 - 35% - 157

2013-12-15 - 172 - 10% - 155

2016-05-01 - 231 - 25% - 173

Hmmm...well why didn't I think of that...oh wait...I did...guess great minds think alike. :peaceful:  There is just too much to choose from.

I was lookin for others suggestions, like other peoples go-to snacks for gaming sessions and such.  Maybe themed stuff.

I'd say edamame, if people aren't put off by green (tasty) things. Throw a little soy sauce on those suckers and they are amazing. Otherwise I'd go with dried fruit and nuts.

RisenPhoenix, the Entish Aikidoka

Challenge: RisenPhoenix Turns to Ash

"The essence of koryu [...is] you offer your loyalty to something that you choose to regard as greater than yourself so that you will, someday, be able to offer service to something that truly is transcendent." ~ Ellis Amdur, Old School

Core a bunch of jalapenos then slice em in half length wise.  Fill with cream cheese.  Cook bacon well, crumble it on top, then top with chedder cheese and stick it in the broiler to melt the chedder.  You will thank me.

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

I usally stick to nuts and dried fruit. Celery with almond butter is pretty epic. One time we ate mini oreos in a bowl of milk, like cereal. I don't recommend it.

Nuts & dried fruit are good options! Sweet, and salty without the refined sugars.

I'd say edamame, if people aren't put off by green (tasty) things. Throw a little soy sauce on those suckers and they are amazing. Otherwise I'd go with dried fruit and nuts.

I completely forgot about edamame...I can eat those things by the bag...

Core a bunch of jalapenos then slice em in half length wise.  Fill with cream cheese.  Cook bacon well, crumble it on top, then top with chedder cheese and stick it in the broiler to melt the chedder.  You will thank me.

Sounds familar...I think they did that on an epic meal time episode?

either way, sounds yummy!

My wife does it on epic Wifey Time episodes.

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

I...  I think I love you.  I am totally going to make these.

Since I had to go gluten-free, my wife has been going for broke on healthy snacks at our D&D sessions.  I am a chronic snacker at my game table.  Anything within my arm's reach is fair game.  We've had good results with fruit trays (both pre-packaged and homemade).  In a camping environment, a fruit salad with a sealable lid would be a better option.

When we go camping, our snacks tend towards dried fruit and jerky.  Bulk food stores have a wide selection of both to allow you to tailor to the specific tastes of your group.  If you're in Canada, Bulk Barn is glorious for that kind of thing.  Outside of Canada, I am no help.

Half-Giant Monk

current challenge

"Promote yourself, but do not demote another." Yisroel Salanter

Dry roasted pumpkin seeds!

Lvl 1 Elven Minotaur Druid
Str: 3 |Dex: 1 |Sta: 4 |Con: 3 |Wis: 2 |Cha: 2

"We have done the impossible, and that makes us mighty." Capt Malcolm Reynolds

"When you do something, you should burn yourself up completely, like a good bonfire, leaving no trace of yourself", Shunryu Suzuki

"Why do we fall down, Bruce? So we can learn to pick ourselves up again." Thomas Wayne

My second-ish challenge: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/29825-harness-rebooted/