Forums are back in action! ×

Guys, I need help.

I first posted here a few months ago. I was full of optimism and hope that I was about to get a good running start on getting my body healthy again before my first child arrives in August.

I hit a pretty serious detour, though--I heard the dreaded c-word from my doctor.

The good news is that what I had was very treatable, it was caught very early, and I had fantastic doctors. I needed some surgery but so far (knock on wood) nothing for. Right now, I'm clear. They're keeping a close watch on me, but for the most part, I'm healthy. 

The down side is I let myself use illness as an excuse to avoid exercise and eating right. I let myself wallow a bit, I guess. I realize how this is completely stupid. I've been very lucky and now I'm squandering a second chance. I want to do things right now. I still want to be in better shape by the time the baby gets here, even if it won't be the shape I hoped I had hoped to be in.

So far I'm having a terrible time. I'm eating an unnecessary amount of food. At home I'm okay--I'll have a good breakfast and dinner, and otherwise I'm okay. At work, not so much: I'll bring leftovers for lunch, then go for a walk (which is good!) but stop off and get more food on the way--chips, maybe even a sandwich (which is bad!). I've done virtually nothing physical, unless you count mowing the lawn once a week. I need help.

So I am hoping that some people here will be willing to motivate me, and help me steer right. Thanks in advance.

Hi Synecdoche,

Welcome, or welcome back I guess :-/

I'm new here, too.  I don't have any first hand experience with the big-c, so you'll have to take what I say with a grain of salt (hmm, another synecdoche? no, I guess not), but I can't help but think that'd be a real motivator to get stronger/healthier and eating right. And, as you might know, exercise is a great mood elevator. 

Let me know what kind of help you'd like; I'm a bit of an underpants gnome, but I have collected a few protocols that work well (for me, at least).

Barfly

The past is only smoke in a dream.

Lvl 6 Ranger Berzerker

STR 9 DEX 4 STA 9 CON 8 WIS 2 CHA 8

Barfly ain't even tryin'...

Archived