Forums are back in action! ×

Help: Involved in something that can be VERY dangerous. What should i do?

Like i stated in my new introduction, i had a problem with security three days ago, im talking about the problem with three random people trying to enter the apartment, then like i stated in my battle log i was just going and preparing myself in case something more problematic end up happening but decided to move on with the life and do not let this intrude in my way.

Now theres a giant tale that serves as background, have fun:

Well, yesterday when i returned home with my girlfriend she saw a message on a random place at the corridor "You who steals from the corridors? Dont you know that there are cameras here? Are you not ashamed of yourself? Im awating you to return my belongings..." that stung me a little...Because i followed one of the "thugs" three days ago and he in fact adquired a key. Maybe the group had stolen one of my neighbors belongings?

Anyway, more late on the same day, one woman that works on cleaning the building knocked on my door and told me that i should not leave my windows open because someone may try to steal my belongings and then procede to tell me a history about how someone managed to steal a notebook putting his hand though a window, that stung me again.

When i asked her when the thef happened she told me it was more or less one or two months ago and that was a rare ocurrence because she knows that every tenant of the building are honest and works all day, then i asked her if she was telling me that because of the e-mail that i sended to the proprietary about my case (wich was not) and after explaining her what happened she told me that it happened with her too and that she is aware that one of the tenants (lets name him: Paul) appear to work with poor children and random adolescents come to see him randomly (she dont know the reason) and try to enter the building (she dont know why too), a similar event happened to her and they tried to coerce her to let the door open, she replied threatening to call the police and them nothing happened in the end with her too.

Anyway, she told me that she talked with Paul and he told her that he does not care with them and that she could do whatever she wants with them, she told me that its the same to me and that i should not open the door to no one that do not have the key.

And, well, at least she stated that no one ever was harmmed in any ocassion...
Ok, now, ironically, as i was leaving the building i saw a silhouette by the window of the entering door and there was in fact one of this persons waiting outside, as i leaved i just said "Good Evening" and he immediatly tried to convince me to leave the door open saying things that did not made any sense at all (he forgotten his key at his house and that i should let the door open for he to close it, but without a key?!), i acted a little more agressive and confiant this day and leaved him outside closing the door.

Now, i would like to see what you people think, but for me, this looks a lot like Drug Traffic.

I mean, the persons involved have the profile, the things that are happening are very similar, things getting stollen too, i didnt had the opportunity to see who "Paul" is, but i saw were his place is, so...My dillema is:

I decided to keep my low profile for just awhile, but part of me is all vengefull and is very inclined to put some bugs here and there, keep the lowest profile possible and try to collect a lot of evidence to call the police and remove this guy from the building, part of me is saying that i should try and just beat the outsiders that threaten the other tenants, i know its stupid but i feel all "heroic" when i think of how i can put all my knowledge in practice here and maybe help with the building security. I dont feel as threatned as before because now i know that the maximum reached was theft and threats, now i know that im dealing with random adolescents and in the end i feel a little involved in all this and would like to help my community, so i was asking myself:

I should try to erase this problem with my own hands beating them? (Maybe they will become vengefull)

I should stealthly try to find enough evidence to send the guy to jail? (Maybe i will get caught and be in serious problem)

I shoul say "Screw the evidence" and just call the police doing a bunch of random anonymous calls and see if they go and find something and hope they arrest the guy? (Maybe he will become vengefull against the whole building and the police here is famous for being corrupt)

Or i should invest in securing my place, take care of my things and do not involve myself in it? (I can be putting myself and my girlfriend in danger for not doing anything directly)

Or what...?

What should i do? And consider that i have a 1 year contract that if i break it will cost me a lot of trouble and a lot of money (two things that i cannot afford now).

Level 1 ~ Revenant ~ Freelancer (Adventurer)

Strenght (STR): 1
Dexterity
(DEX): 4
Stamina
(STA): 1

Constitution (CON): 2
Wisdom
(WIS): 4
Charisma
(CHA): 3

"One little fading light against a wold of darkness"

Battle Log

The proper avenue would be to alert your property manager and/or the police. The fact is, you have no idea what's going on.

Also, I don't care if you have a black belt in every martial art known to man- if you try something and they have guns, you could end up dead.

Or you could be arrested for trespassing, assault and battery, or whatever.

Just go to the authorities. Don't be an idiot.

Level ? Half-Dwarf/Half-Amazon Warrior

STR:21.25 STA:15 DEX: 10.95 CON: 14 WIS:15.5 CHA:17

SWOLE BUCKS: 1

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Thanks for your advice.
The problem with the police in our country is that they are famous for beign extremly corrupted, they tend to turn us to the bandits in exchange of money, sometimes even when we use an anonymous calls they just track our phone numbers and use this against us, thats why i found myself a little lost here. And even if i tell all the history to them, i dont have too much of a evidence, you think i should take this risks anyway?
And this stupid part of me wanting to getting involved is because in the future i want to work in a certain security departament. Sorry for that..

Dexterity
Stamina

Wisdom
Charisma

Battle Log

HUahuahuha...Thanks to your Avatar i read that in a baby voice here in my mind, but yes, i already have some "toys" that i can use if i get in some trouble.

Dexterity
Stamina

Wisdom
Charisma

Battle Log

Update:
Yesterday when i arrived home i met the same woman on the entrance and she stopped me to tell me another history, she told me that at 2 AM of yesterday some of the "outsiders" entered the building and because they were angry with what is happening (this means that we two are not the only ones annoyed with them) and trown and spread trash in all floors of the building. Apparently the Paul-guy was involved and in response the cleaning lady loose her temper (what is easy) and not only complained to the proprietary but called the police against them and for what i understanded, in fact the police came and arrested Paul for 1 night (like i said, the police here is very corrupt). In the middle of the history Paul appeared and leaved the building, but not without she pointing her finger to him and yelling that it was all his fault, wich he just awnsered saying "im sorry, im really sorry"...
Now im felling more and more confused because after seeing him and hearing the history i believe that he is not a drugs dealer, i mean, if he was working with traffic his "vengeance" would not involve trash-bins...Now i believe that what is happening is just the results of a very irresponsible adolescent...

I still believe that there must be some drugs involved (how would he attract so many random "thugs"?) but he must be sharing not selling, anyway this is just specullation of my mind...

Well...Im confused...

Dexterity
Stamina

Wisdom
Charisma

Battle Log

Guest Dirty Deads

I've known a few older guys who like to help young people out and those men are almost always targeted as easy prey. I know a couple guys who beat and robbed a couple older guys who had tried to help them. Really it's kind of like not feeding wildlife "DON'T FEED THE BEARS" because they will associate you with means and attack you to get more. I think that is probably what happened. This "Paul" tried to help some young guys and now they keep coming back tying to take more and more. I'd gather the entire community/apartment building together and create a watch for things. You can all keep an eye out for eachother.

What you said made a lot of sense to me, even more than my hypothesis, maybe theres no drugs at all.
I had the opportunity to talk to my proprietary in person before yesterday and he confirmed that i should leave (or put) every "unwanted individual" without a key outside of the building by any means necessary, he said also that its the same orders to every tenant. I started doing what you say, i didnt started a formal "security group" yet but i started to let everyone know that they can count on me for that and now im a little more "aware" of whats happening arround me.
And...Im thinking in how to raise the security of my place.

Dexterity
Stamina

Wisdom
Charisma

Battle Log