Forums are back in action! ×

A New Life in Bangkok...

Hello friends

So, I have quit my life in London and have moved to Bangkok where I plan to be for the next year. I have hopefully given up an unfulfilling career in television and will this year become a proficient options trader. I want the freedom it will give me to travel and live anywhere in the world and the time and money to pursue what is truly interesting, exciting and important to me.

I have spent the last 3 years working exclusively nightshifts, saving money for this trip but eating ONLY microwave and takeaway meals and the usual junk you get from vending machines in offices.

For the first time in my life, I actually feel fat and have small belly! I am still skinny to most but to myself, I look and feel weak, have no definition, no strength, feel tired and lethargic most of the time.

This physical depleatedness spills over into the mental realm; laziness, apathy, disconnectedness, being a spectator rather than a player...

IT MUST END NOW!!

So... this year is my make or break year. Career, finances, health, fitness, goals, relationships.... Not asking for much!

As this is the health and fitness forum, I'll explain what's relevant:

I am male

37 years old (but look and feel more like 30)

5' 10" (178 cm)

Naturally skinny

I weight 10.5 stone (last time I checked, could be closer to 11 now) (10.5 is 147 lbs. / 67 Kg)

I have a condo here in Bangkok. It has a small swimming pool and a small gym.

The gym has a few cardio machines which I won't be using apart from to warm-up. It has a rack of dumbbells from 5lbs to 50lbs, a bench that can be inclined etc and it has a multi-gym called a Bodysolid G6B.

Sadly, there is no pull up bar, no dip bar, no kettle bells and no barbell with free weights.

My skill now would be closest to an Assassin! I have always been better at obstacle course type events. I am a 2nd Dan black belt in Bujinkan Budo Taijutsu but stopped training 5 years ago. I also studied Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu for a few years but did not achieve any ranking.

As I am in Thailand, I am tempted by Muay Thai and might look into it. I would love do an MMA class here but it is hard to find a good and not expensive school - I am on a budget for this year.

I can however afford to join an excellent Yoga school. This I have time to do 5 times a week. I am also back into my TM meditation practice twice a day. I guess I am a Druid but this label does not sit well with me! Just because I choose yoga and meditation does not mean I don't enjoy the idea of explosive power!

I just want to lose the belly fat, get ripped, get strong, get core strength, endurance, flexibility, suppleness, balance and mental well-being. Oh, and get a tan too!

Ideally a "300" or MMA type physique - a fighters body. But for now, just getting straightened out and into some form of presentable shape is a big enough goal!

I want my Lust For Life back!

Vendetta

Archived