Forums are back in action! ×

Hey,

Well i am new, as in.. about 10 minutes new.  eeep!  I found this site while at work.. and typing this while on break (don’t tell on me)   I have been living Paleo/Primal since Jan 2013, i have ran out of food ideas, i am a "shy exerciser" as in if anyone else is in the gym i won’t do it and if people are visiting i try to do workouts that are very low impact.   Since my change in life style i have discovered that i have acquired some new obsessions of dark chocolate, eating below my normal caloric intake (without meaning to since i eat all day long and my co-worker calls me a grazer).

I am a shy lil lady whom obsesses about getting and staying healthy. I love finding and trying new things ranging from exercises, recipes, games, movies, music, and more.  

I am in NEPA (North East Pennsylvania) I like to play and watch Video games and a lovely tabletop game called Warhammer 40k.

I am always looking to learn new things... Bring it on Jedi masters and let me be your Padawan!

I am new to NF but i have been living Paleo/Primal since Jan 2013.    :tongue:

This is the first forum I have ever joined or even posted in.. so I am working to break my lil shy bubble that I have incased myself in.

I am a 27 years old female, about 5’4 or 5’5  (I just round down normally),  as of this morning I am about 123 lbs and I have not measured myself in a while (eeep).  My goal is to get to 115 and lower my body fat.  I am putting kettle Balls as an item I want for my birthday  :D

I am looking to meet and talk with people who have similar interest as I do and to just enjoy being part of this community as we all work to obtain our goals.

It is nice meeting you!!

"Speak softy and carry a big stick" - Theodore Roosevelt

My (try to be) Daily Tracker  ~  Goals ~ Paleo/ Primal Recipes ~ Fav Videos ~ Helpful Info ~

Hi Wanderer, and welcome (kinda feels funny saying that, as I am pretty new myself).

I just started eating paleo, too, after being vegetarian for 9 years :-P Maybe I can get some pointers from you. 

I know what you mean about the gym; I hate getting unsolicited "help", so I just work out at home now.  If you get some kettlebells you'll be all set. Have you checked out Pavel Tsatsouline's kb workouts?

I think you'll like it here - shy or not. I do, so far (my first forum, too)

Barfly (just my user name, I'm really not)

The past is only smoke in a dream.

Lvl 6 Ranger Berzerker

STR 9 DEX 4 STA 9 CON 8 WIS 2 CHA 8

Barfly ain't even tryin'...

Hi Wanderer, and welcome (kinda feels funny saying that, as I am pretty new myself).

I just started eating paleo, too, after being vegetarian for 9 years :-P Maybe I can get some pointers from you. 

I know what you mean about the gym; I hate getting unsolicited "help", so I just work out at home now.  If you get some kettlebells you'll be all set. Have you checked out Pavel Tsatsouline's kb workouts?

I think you'll like it here - shy or not. I do, so far (my first forum, too)

Barfly (just my user name, I'm really not)

Hey Barfly!!

Thank you for being so kind!  I shall look into Pavel Tsatsouline's kb workouts, it sounds like it would be a good time!  :)  Feel free to ask anything you like! i am an open book and if i dont know the answer i have no problem looking it up.  :D

My (try to be) Daily Tracker  ~  Goals ~ Paleo/ Primal Recipes ~ Fav Videos ~ Helpful Info ~

its going alright, still working my way around the site a bit, i cant seem to load pics either and cant seem to figure out the progress bar either since it doesn't appear as a bar. lol.  i am trying to be active. lol.. And Adventures rock!! it has been a whirl wind this last few weeks lol... How are things going with you sir?

Progress bar? What's that? (no, seriously though).

Glad you're staying active - that's what it's all about, right? I hope your whirlwind doesn't get you off track (that's funny, that's how my wife and I describe most days :rolleyes-new:)

All goes well, thank you, I'm staying mostly on track. I'm heading over to the nutrition forum right now to ask if anyone else does a heavy workout while fasting; it's kinda whipping me.

Keep at it!

The past is only smoke in a dream.

Lvl 6 Ranger Berzerker

STR 9 DEX 4 STA 9 CON 8 WIS 2 CHA 8

Barfly ain't even tryin'...

Progress bar? What's that? (no, seriously though).

Glad you're staying active - that's what it's all about, right? I hope your whirlwind doesn't get you off track (that's funny, that's how my wife and I describe most days :rolleyes-new:)

All goes well, thank you, I'm staying mostly on track. I'm heading over to the nutrition forum right now to ask if anyone else does a heavy workout while fasting; it's kinda whipping me.

Keep at it!

The progress bar is the little icon to the left of the twitter icon.  Active is fun, though i mutli-task way too much and would love to just sleep some days.   I am happy to hear that you are staying on track.  Though sounds scary to be working out while fasting... nothing to really fuel you.   I know one morning i tried doing a cardio workout and almost fainted half way through since i had not eaten anything  and pretty much drained myself of a ton of energy.  Though i hope you stay healthy sir,  in Marks Daily apple he mentions Intermediate fasting but that was mainly if you were out and there was nothing available to eat (ie. you are hanging out with friends and they decide to go to Mc Donald's or something like that) and just took water with a lemon until he is able to get home.   Please let me know what you find out!  It would be very good to know. 

Archived