Forums are back in action! ×

Non-Nerdy Partner

Every sports fan is a nerd. Every. Single. One. Either sports is just one of the many thinks they're passionate about, or they're so into sports that talking to them about their favorite sport(s), player(s), and team(s) is akin to a housewife who has never read anything but Harlequin romances talking about comics to a comic book geek.

And that housewife is probably a nerd too - I've seen Romance readers totally geek out over their favourites series and authors.  Totally hardcore.

Anyone else the sole Nerd of a relationship?

In the old-style definition, no because my husband is an engineer who enjoys reading about economics and physics in his free time (he's also a sports nerd regarding soccer).  But in the geeky pop culture sense?  That's totally my situation too.

He fell asleep during The Fellowship of the Ring and refuses to see any movie based on a comic book.  He also refuses to even try any of my comics and only touches video games when its socially required.  That kind of thing just has zero interest for him at all.

She said no to my Trick or treating with our son though. Granted he is only 4 month old, but I wanted to dress us as Luke and Yoda
That's too bad, that would have been cute!

Although there is a part of the population that thinks adults trick-or-treating with under-2-year-old kids are just candy trolls, so maybe that was her objection?

Wood Elf Assassin
  -- Level 10 --
STR 26 | DEX 13 | STA 19 | CON 7 | WIS 14 | CHA 14

My fiancée and I are massively different when it comes to all things geeky.

Whereas I will scour articles about latest movie releases (annoyed withe the Sin City 2 delay) or read on comics and computer games, she's more likely to shake her head at it and watch Emmerdale or 90210.

I'm trying to make our 3 month old son, Jack, follow my footsteps. He watches Green Lantern between his naps.

Anyone else the sole Nerd of a relationship?

We're in the same boat brother!

"Opportunity does not knock, it presents itself when you beat down the door." 

At first, yes. I introduced her to WoW and she started letting her nerd out. I can't say that she has been a total nerd, but she definitely has her moments. I got her to create a profile on here though so feel free to assimilate her! Oh, I did get her to agree to watch TNG after she watches all of Fringe so *crosses fingers*

At first, I was the sole nerd in the relationship, but then I also introduced my wife to WoW and she cracked out on it worse than I did. She is still definitely (and unfortunately) NOT a nerd, but I feel like I am slowing breaking her will and bringing her over to the dark side. Every once and a while, I will catch her paying attention to my video games and I've even caught her red handed playing Minecraft. She definitely (and FORTUNATELY) loves that I am a total nerd though, so score one for the home team, I guess.

LVL 3: Human Assassin

STR: 7.75 | DEX: 5 | STA: 4 | CON: 2 | WIS: 4  | CHA: 2

Current Challenge

Past Challenges: 1, 2