Forums are back in action! ×

Weird chest pain

Hi, I'm 23, generally healthy, somewhat active, working on building strength.

For the past few nights (it's always at night that this happens) I get this weird pressury pain in my chest, kinda right under right pec area. Breathing IN makes it hurt more, and moving too fast, but after a few mins/breathing past it, it just goes away like it was never there. My first thought was heart attack, but nothing else happened (like it wasn't in my arm) and I think it was further from my heart. And I'm too damn young for a heart attack and I exercise so it shouldn't be that. But then again I don't even know what a heart attack feels like.

Anyway, has this happened to any of you? What should I do? Can't see a doctor for a while, plus unless I could simulate/recreate it, they wouldn't be able to help.

I've been eating my meals further apart from eachother recently, like 10am breakfast, 9pm ish lunch, 1-2am dinner, simply because I'm accustomed to it and not that hungry. But maybe it's hunger pangs....or from pushups...I don't know.

Thanks.

I've had chest pain off and on for the last 3 months, mine is caused by anxiety. Through research, I've learned that if your chest pain is in a small, pinpoint area, chances are it's not heart-related at all. Over the years I've had some stabbing pains in my chest when I breathe in deeply, and after a few minutes it goes away, just kind of a random pain. All I can think is that it's some kind of spasm in the diaphragm or the costal (rib) muscles, and no health issues have resulted from it. If you have any kind of shortness of breath, difficulty breathing, the pain spreads through the chest, down the arm or up the neck and jaw, unexplained sweating, or there is a crushing feeling like your chest is in a vice, call 911 immediately. People of *ANY* age and fitness level can have heart attacks, it's not about how much you work out or your age, it's about how much of your coronary arteries are clogged by plaque from high cholesterol (caused by insulin spikes which are in turn caused by a high-carb diet). It sounds like your pain is probably nothing really serious, but you should probably go to the doctor anyway just to put your mind at ease. 

***Disclaimer*** I'm not a doctor, just someone who's done a fair amount of internet research. 

"When I can no more stir my soul to move, and life is but the ashes of a fire; When I can but remember that my heart once used to live and love, long and aspire - O be thou then the first, the one thou art; Be thou the calling before all answering love, and in me wake hope, fear, boundless desire." - George MacDonald