Forums are back in action! ×

Couldn't workout for a few weeks, feeling discouraged

I know, 'but you could have worked out if you really wanted to'. Basically, I was on 'weapons immersion', and you can't go to the gym or go running with an M16 (there are rules against this). I 'could' have done bodyweight exercises, but the amount of free time I had during the week amounted to less than 8 hours every day, after exhausting training. I visibly lost weight too, so any extra exercise would have likely been detrimental.

Anyway, these past couple of days, I easily could have worked out, but quickly came up with an excuse (that I only have one set of workout clothes unpacked and it's easier not to have to wash them). I feel just terrible and out of shape now, unmotivated because surely I've lost some strength/fitness. It drove me nuts that I couldn't workout before, and now I'm making excuses. 

Anyone else come back from a hiatus like this? Have I really lost as much as I think?

No, you haven't. Just get those clothes on. Do something.

I took 6 months off while I was finishing college and then enjoying all my free time, and I'm stronger than I was 6 months ago.

Just. Do. Something.

Do 10 pushups right now. Just do it.

Level ? Half-Dwarf/Half-Amazon Warrior

STR:21.25 STA:15 DEX: 10.95 CON: 14 WIS:15.5 CHA:17

SWOLE BUCKS: 1

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Do 10 pushups right now. Just do it.

Now do 20 Body Squats.

After that, reflect on how easy it was to go from doing 'nothing' to doing 'something'.

A journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step after all. =P

Eh, airport and inprocessing all day tomorrow. Saturday :D

06f.jpg

Find something to do tomorrow. Gotta break the vicious cycle of Apathy. =P

*Edit: Trust me, I know processing is a long, tedious pain (A Veteran here) but putting it off is likely to just lead to another put off. I know this, because I used to do this. lol

Guest Dirty Deads

Now do 20 Body Squats.

After that, reflect on how easy it was to go from doing 'nothing' to doing 'something'.

A journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step after all. =P

I read that as body shots and thought "well that's counter productive"