Forums are back in action! ×

Hey, my name's Ziara or Z (which I'm more comfortable with).

I'm an 18 (19 next month!) year old girl and I'm extremely overweight. 180 lbs and only 5 ft tall. I'm like a ball. My self-esteem was shattered while in high school and just recently have I gotten it back. I'm confident in myself but lack motivation. I still have a couple negative thoughts surrounding me at times.

I've been a member for a while, joining while in one of my usual "Let me be healthy!" episodes. But looking back I've realized that everything I do is half-assed. So I'm done. I'm done being a quitter. I've even gotten my dad to help me a bit with motivation but he usually gives up on me so I knew I needed a community who understands me. A group of nerds who want to be healthy.

I'm going to start running. That's my goal for now. To be able to run for ten minutes straight. I've downloaded Nike+ running and the couch25k app. If any of you are in Nike+ i would love to add you n.n

Hi,

Don't give up, being healthy rocks!  My only advice (for starters) would be don't try to do too much too fast. That makes it not fun and tends to make people give up. 

Welcome.

Barfly

p.s. I am on Nike+, but haven't used it in a while. I'll get my info and get back to you :-)

Had to re-register :-P My Nike+ username is MrVanH

The past is only smoke in a dream.

Lvl 6 Ranger Berzerker

STR 9 DEX 4 STA 9 CON 8 WIS 2 CHA 8

Barfly ain't even tryin'...

Archived