Forums are back in action! ×

Film music fans?

WHOA. Thanks a lot!!! Will take me ages to check everything out :D

NP... If you want a starting point, 2 Steps from hell, Position Music, Gothic Storm, Immediate Music and ES Posthumus all get a good bit of play time on my computer while I'm at work.

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

Ok, tek and pop fans? 

BLADE RUNNER

Apocalypse Now, the interludes by Francis' wife Carmine (i think).

Brian Eno stuff, espec. TRAINSPOTTERS.

Blue Monday --and a special garage highlight, cheezy cool, Somebody Kill Me by Adam Sandler -- in the Wedding Singer...

Banter Gebang

Help, this album from Two Steps From Hell is perfect x__x

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLlYeD2gNb4

Danny Elfman, yes! Which soundtracks are your favourites from him? I like the Black Beauty score, it has some beautiful melodies. And not to mention The Nightmare Before Christmas...

Take a gander at All Drums to go Hell... it's more drummy awesomness... :-)

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

Help, this album from Two Steps From Hell is perfect x__x

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLlYeD2gNb4

Danny Elfman, yes! Which soundtracks are your favourites from him? I like the Black Beauty score, it has some beautiful melodies. And not to mention The Nightmare Before Christmas...

My favorite soundtrack from Mr. Elfman is The Nightmare Before Christmas, but I just love everything about that movie. I even have a Jack tattoo.

*Flips Table*

BreadMage Out!

As soon as I spotted the thread title, I realized that I'm indeed quite a film music enthusiast. I always have something playing on the background, especially if I'm drawing or writing, and film scores are good because they (usually) lack lyrics that distract from my own writing. Some of my favorites, in no particular order:

The soundtracks from Sunshine and Remember Me are my go-to scores when I'm writing my sci-fi novel.

Batman Begins has an amazing soundtrack, but strangely I never noticed it while watching the movie. BBC Sherlock, despite being a problematic show at times, the score is wonderful. Let Me In is great, both the movie and the soundtrack (seriously, go see it if you haven't already - one of the best and most realistic vampire films ever). Love, Actually has a few songs that just break a heart. And while the God of War and Assassin's Creed series are games, not movies, they have awesome soundtracks as well.

Actually, I was wondering if you guys could give me some recommendations. I'm hunting for futuristic, science fiction-y music; electronic or classical instruments, doesn't matter, but it should be calm rather than very fast and loud. (Think more like Sunshine than the Matrix.) I've got hooked on chillstep lately because at its best, it's wonderful space music, but I'd be happy if someone could point me to some specific bands, composers or soundtracks.

POLARIS - LEVEL 4 AVATAR WARRIOR/MONK

(currently visiting assassins) | Challenge Thread

"We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us."

My current fave of late has been Hans Zimmer.....Inception and the Dark Knight....awesome stuff.

Example:

Just an incredible fusion of symphony with electronica....

Sculptor - Warrior

LVL 4 | STR 10 | DEX 8 | WIS 12 | CHA 8 | STA 1 | CON 6

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I love the Sherlock soundtrack! I like listening to it while I work. Keeps me nice and focussed.

One of my favourites is actually the How to Train Your Dragon soundtrack. And, of course, a lot of Hans Zimmer. 'Discombobulate' from the Sherlock Holmes soundtrack (I am a big Holmesian I suppose) is particularly great.

Current Challenge

"This is an important message for all passengers hoping to fly to Nottingham. Raise your ambitions.†- Cabin Pressure

The Crow (the best of 90's alt-metal / goth)

Yep one of my favorite Soundtracks (Burn, Big Empty, Dead Souls, After The Flesh,)

Also the Score from The Crow written by Graeme Revell is fantastic.

"My mind has changed My body's frame but God I like it

My hearts aflame My body's strained but God I like it"