Forums are back in action! ×

Went for my gym and swim yesterday and something amazing happened while I was in the gym. I RAN.

never run, ever, I've never been able to run past the end of my street without getting out of breath for as long as I can remember but when I was warming my leggies up on the treadmill I got the overwhelming urge to just run, So I cranked the treadmill up from 7.5kph to 11kph and busted my ass for a full 5 minutes.

I know 5 minutes probably isnt a lot for a lot of you guys on here but for me to be able to do that and not stop or cry or keel over, but for me its a huge achievement that over the space of a month Ive gone from not being able to get past the end of my road to being able to run at all, let alone for a full 5 minute block :)

I just wanted to share that cos I think if I can do it, pretty much anyone can!

The only way to enjoy anything in this life is to earn it first. - Ginger Rogers ~

I also run a nerdy movie blog ~

I love this! I remember last year when I had a running phase (hoping to get back to that "phase" and make it an everyday thing soon!)  I was able to run for 3 minutes straight and I was so proud of myself that I told one of my cross country friends. She is one of the good friends and told me how proud she was that I could do that and it made me so happy! Then I realized three minutes is nothing to people who are actually in shape and became super embarrassed. I think it is awesome that you were not only able to run 5 minutes but you are proud enough to post it here :) It reminds me why NF is so great.

I've been there too - it's an amazing feeling! And I reckon that's a double woot, because getting yourself to a state of fitness where you start getting those sudden, random "overwhelming urges" (as you say) to run, or pick up something heavy, or push your bodyweight off the floor 10 times - that's an achievement too! It's a big thing to switch your brain from a default mode of "everything is too hard I want to sit still on a sofa forever" (this used to be me!) to a default mode of "ooh that looks fun/challenging, I wonder if I can do that?"

Well done and keep running!

Questionable Hobbitʉۢ Level 0ʉۢ Aspiring Warrior

STR 0 â€¢ DEX 0 â€¢ STA 0 â€¢ CON 0 â€¢ WIS 0 • CHA 00

Challenge Log: Puddletheduck stops waddling and starts bouncing (flying will come later)0

"Life's too short to be fat and miserable."

Went for my gym and swim yesterday and something amazing happened while I was in the gym. I RAN.

never run, ever, I've never been able to run past the end of my street without getting out of breath for as long as I can remember but when I was warming my leggies up on the treadmill I got the overwhelming urge to just run, So I cranked the treadmill up from 7.5kph to 11kph and busted my ass for a full 5 minutes.

I know 5 minutes probably isnt a lot for a lot of you guys on here but for me to be able to do that and not stop or cry or keel over, but for me its a huge achievement that over the space of a month Ive gone from not being able to get past the end of my road to being able to run at all, let alone for a full 5 minute block :)

I just wanted to share that cos I think if I can do it, pretty much anyone can!

Don't discount only being "able to run for 5 minutes". I'd be willing to be that 60 percent of the population can't say that. Now, want to hear something even more cool?

at 11 kph, you were running 6.8 miles per hour, which equals approximately 8:49 minute miles, which means in that 5 minutes you just short of 3/4 of a mile.  I run 6 to 8 miles a week, and I would probably be able to keep that pace for 10 minutes max. my normal pace is 10 minute miles.

Keep on running!

Losing weight is easy, the lifestyle change is hard. Nothing worth doing is easy. If it were easy, everyone would be fit and healthy.  - me

Level 0 Human Ranger

started at 303

current weight : 225

goal : 205 or 15 percent body fat

bench : 180

squat : 295

Shit, that's great! I need to start running moar. I'm jelly.

It's not 80% diet, 20% exercise, it's 100% diet, 100% exercise. Give it your all.

My journey (Date - Total - BF % - LBM)

2012-01-01 - 242 - 35% - 157

2013-12-15 - 172 - 10% - 155

2016-05-01 - 231 - 25% - 173