Forums are back in action! ×

Hit my first weight milestone!! Took a car accident & insurance to happen

I've finally hit the 180lb mark!  I've been 184-188lbs for the past 3-6 months, unable to lose weight no matter what I ate.

Or so I thought.

Turns out, I was eating far too much.  I wasn't working out at all.  I walk places, but I don't lift weights.

Ever since this car accident (nobody hurt, thankfully, but it could have been so so much worse) I saw my life flash before my eyes, and I didn't want to be lethargic, bloated, tired, and sore all the time.

I want to have energy, stamina, and a glow that people can see from a mile away.

All it takes is positive attitude, determination (finally saying FUCK IT, and DOING IT, not just WANTING TO), and motherfucking PORTION CONTROL!  When you feel like you've had enough, STOP EATING!!!! You don't have to finish your plate!!!

We were all conditioned as kids to finish our plate before we left the table, but a lot of us never stopped that when we got older.  We just kept finishing our plate.

When we were 7 years old, we were rapidly growing, and didn't have much of an appetite.   Now, we're 30 years old, huge appetite, but don't need that much food!

Unless you're trying to gain muscle, but then I think that's more adjusting WHAT you eat, not HOW MUCH.

That's been my awakening, thank you NF for being there before I even needed you, and now that I don't need you, I think I'll stick around :)

Thanks again,

Tyler

Love. Love. Love this post by the way. Woot woot!

I'm in a similar position, it took a motorcycle accident (unfortunately 1 person badly hurt :( )for my to get my act together and shift the weight/get healthy. Im still struggling to get back to "normal" after two years, but now I'm fitter and healthier than I ever was before the accident. Plus, I hope you got a PILE of money from the insurance ;)

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously