Forums are back in action! ×

30 Days of Paleo

So I really need to take some "before" pictures but after almost a month here on NF, I still haven't gotten around to that.

But I have taken the paleo advice to heart. I absolutely love it. It allows me to eat pretty much as much as I want and not have to count a dang thing! I'm eating way more than before, but only the good stuff, and I'm still dropping pounds like melting buttah. My goal was to take 30 days of strict paleo, but as of this date, I have ashamedly consumed a sonic hamburger and tots, a butterfinger ice cream, some chips and sour cream dip, and two hot dog buns! Oh no! And three seperate days of drinking two glasses of Scotch in leiu of 8 craft beers.

It bums me out that those three days could have been spent possibly losing more, but it's in the past now and thank goodness they are minor hiccups rather than constants like they have been for years.

Anyway, I'll be out of town for my actual month anniversary later this week so the results are in!

Weight loss: 15 pounds

Unexpected side effects: My head is clearer than it's ever been. I am no longer lethargic and love taking the dog for a jog.

Cardio: The first day I ran until exhaustion. It took about 1.5 minutes before my feet started to ache like a tiny leprechaun was chipping away at it with a chisel. Now I'm on the C25K program and my run to exhaustion time topped out at 6 minutes straight yesterday!

Clothes: Haven't dropped a size yet, but they are fitting looser than normal. My button ups no longer stretch over my belly.

I still have a long way to go even until I reach the weight I was at only a year and a half ago, but my outlook is very positive. I've recruited a dear friend who we are going to help eachother stay motivated and find healthy sustinance at a con this weekend with nothing but dreaded concession stand food! It's tough but we are determined.

Thank you for everything NF, and I hope you stick with me for the rest of the journey!

I'm glad you're seeing results already! Don't get too down about slips here and there, it gets easier the longer you do it and then you can go off track purposefully! This is a good resource for starting to determine what's worth eating off track! It's from the Whole30 peeps and I thought it was great.

Keliswicked, level 6 half Hobbit/ half Dwarf Druid

Progress Log  ||  Fitocracy!  || 2 3 4 5 6