Forums are back in action! ×

New member to the Rebellion

Firstly I would like to say a big hello to the rebellion members. I am hoping to be active in these forums and learn a lot about fitness, training, losing weight and getting to know some of you.

I will tell you a bit about me. I am a 30 year old man living on the beautiful South Coast of England. It's amazing, and currently the weather is between 21 - 33°C.

I set a new years resolution in Jan 2013 to lose weight and get fit, I got on the scales and was horrified to see the weight I was. So on the 3rd Jan 2013 I joined up to a gym, pay my monthly membership, started Slimming World to lose weight and also got myself a personal trainer.

So with that in mind, you can see either one of two things happening.

1. Give up after a certain amount of time (usually 6 weeks)

2. Stick with it, lose weight and get fit.

I will be honest; I have tried this resolution before and always did number 1, gave up and made excuses. Well not this time.

I started in Jan going to the gym 3 times a week, and about 1 month ago I now go 6 - 7 times a week, I have lost 3 stone 7 lb (49lb  / 22.5kg) in total so far and looking to lose about up to 3 stone (42lb / 19kg) more.

While eating healthy, I have hit a huge plateau for about 6 weeks, I spoke with my trainer about it and he suggested that I swap from the diet I was following and do the Paleo plan.

Not knowing anything about it, I went off on the voyage of discovery and learnt about Paleo and how it would fit in with my life.

Well I have now adopted Paleo as my “normal†diet and follow it very strictly. Considering I have only been doing Paleo for a couple of weeks, it’s easy to stick to it.

I have a few things that are starting to drive me mad:

1. I keep thinking about food
  2. I keep thinking about training and when I am not, I think about what I should be doing.

I think it’s turning into an obsession, but not too sure.

My personal trainer is amazing and really pushes me to achieve goals, when I started at the gym I did not run, do push up or pull up, I now do all three and am not too bad at them. My trainer is called Kieran, well KB for short and he keeps me on my toes and I have seen such a change in my body.

I will post some pictures when I am feeling brave; there have been huge differences to my body shape and size.

Now I have more of a target to get to and it’s a particular body shape and size rather than a particular weight.

I want to get a 6 pack

It’s something I have never had, so that’s my goal. I would like to get it by summer 2014.

So any tips, hints, advice and support would be gratefully received.

It's not about "HAVING" time, it's about "MAKING" time.

Welcome, welcome!

I don't have any tips but I can say that you should be proud that you're sticking with and following through with your plan. Your trainer sounds amazing and it's good to have someone there to guide and move you to continue pressing forward.

If you feel this all may be becoming an obsession, just a step back and reevaluate. We all have to do that sometimes.

Again, welcome welcome and good luck!

Tsundere
Level 1 Adventurer/Ranger, pseudo-ninja and Sailor Scout Rebel
STR: +0 || DEX: +0 || STA: +0 || CON: +0 || WIS: +0 || CHA: +0

"The past is seldom as we would have it. The future yet to be known. Embrace the present and strike all else from concern." - Spartacus

Rebel Ranger Debut

Sailor Tsundere's Battle Logs

Tsundere Tsunami - Personal Blog

Well obsession is a strong word, if I am honest, I would say it's a dedication. My trainer is great, KB speaks to me most days, gives me encourgement and keeps me on track, especially if I have a wobble.

Thank you for the welcome, I appreciate it.

It's not about "HAVING" time, it's about "MAKING" time.

Archived