Forums are back in action! ×

Hi there, fellow Nerds:

My name is Kelly and I have been on a healthy living journey for a little over five years. At first, I was a total slob, playing new RPG video games for 12 hours a day each weekend, eating chocolate, Cool Ranch Doritos and frozen pizzas 3-4 times a week and wondering why I was getting so fat. I accidentally bumped into some women who were starting a full-contact football team and decided to try-out. I wanted to be a running back…they made me a lineman. But through intense conditioning and unconscious changes to my diet, I dropped 25 pounds in a year. Unfortunately, it was a little too hard on my body so I decided to give it up but I didn’t want to go back to being a slug. I started running and quit smoking and dropped another 25 pounds. Talk about leveling up. I participated in races, did a triathlon and even an adventure race. It all came to a screeching halt though when I had a baby and then found out I had a massive tumor (benign, thank god) in my stomach. Every since surgery, my body hasn’t been the same. I get tired more quickly and cramp much more easily. I gained some weight back (not all, I’m still down 36 pounds from my starting point) and have been generally frustrated. In the past, I had some positive results from CrossFit so I have been integrating the Gorilla bodyweight programs and running Run, Zombies!

My goals right now are:

1. Achieve a pull-up (short-term)

2. Reach 100 push-ups and 100 sit-ups (short-term)

3. Beat my old 5k PR of 28:34 (I just ran a 29:337, so I’m close)

4. Get back to my lowest achieved weight of 145 lbs. (mid-term)

5. Run a 25:00 5k and a 7:00 mile (long-term)

6. Hit my ideal weight of 138 lbs. (long-term)

So in closing, thanks for making this site. I’d love to hear from people with similar experiences or even train together and participate in challenges.

Happy hunting!

Race/Profession:  Level 1 Human Urban Ranger

STR 3 --  DEX 1 -- STA 4 -- CON 3 -- WIS 1 -- CHA 3

Link to my challenge thread:  http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/34216-kai-ironsport-and-the-energy-sucking-stone-of-doom-repost/