Forums are back in action! ×

Superhero outfits you can run in

So one of my college buddies and I (and any NFer who wants to end up in Boston around this time ;) ) are planning to do a super hero themed 5k. We're both struggling over costume ideas because while we both like cosplaying, we want to have costumes that we can actually run in, which means we don't feel like going all out with wigs or things like boob windows. So while we both have an expansive knowledge of comic book super heroes, there is a lot out there that we're probably forgetting.

So ladies and gents - tell me your superhero ideas and/or alternative costumes for popular super heroes that are runnable.

Storytelling Rebel
| Blog | Twitter

"“You've seen my descent, now watch my rising." ~ Rumi

Right now we're leaning towards Emma Frost and Jean Grey/Phoenix in one of their more conservative body-suit type outfits holding signs that say "Scott who?," but finding a version of Emma's outfit that my poor roommate can run in (she's a busty lady) is giving us some pause.

Storytelling Rebel
| Blog | Twitter

Captain Marvel's new costume is awesome.

Rogue has lots of costume options, and I'm thinking the 2nd one from the left would even be semi-comfortable.

Spidergirl! Spidergirl running 5k would be pretty awesome. (And now I wanna do parkour while cosplaying as Spidergirl...)

X-23 is very recognizable with any kind of form-fitting black pants and top as long as you have the claws.

Wonder Woman's newer costume, even gets to wear pants.

Catwoman, if you manage to get a costume made of more breathable material than latex and leather.

I know these are pretty mainstream, I can't dig my brain for the more obscure ones at this hour. And I keep wanting to link all the Batgirls/women but then I remember oh, right, capes. :D

POLARIS - LEVEL 4 AVATAR WARRIOR/MONK

(currently visiting assassins) | Challenge Thread

"We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us."

Captain Marvel's new costume is awesome.

Rogue has lots of costume options, and I'm thinking the 2nd one from the left would even be semi-comfortable.

Spidergirl! Spidergirl running 5k would be pretty awesome. (And now I wanna do parkour while cosplaying as Spidergirl...)

X-23 is very recognizable with any kind of form-fitting black pants and top as long as you have the claws.

Wonder Woman's newer costume, even gets to wear pants.

Catwoman, if you manage to get a costume made of more breathable material than latex and leather.

I know these are pretty mainstream, I can't dig my brain for the more obscure ones at this hour. And I keep wanting to link all the Batgirls/women but then I remember oh, right, capes. :D

I am a fan of Wonder Woman's newer costume.

Storytelling Rebel
| Blog | Twitter

Guest Dirty Deads

C'mon dude, I'm not that old. D:

NO NO, not you.  "I would"  How about She Hulk? Hardest part would be some green body paint. I keep thinking; why do most of the female superheroes dress like ho's? I can't come up with many conservative ones. How about Hit Girl? Just in time for Kickass 2.