Forums are back in action! ×

Squatted bodyweight

So for this challenge, I was supposed to do a pull-up.  Chin-ups are good.  Almost anything up to the standard, overhand, dead-hang pull-up, I can do.

The hot hot hot weather has sapped so much energy that I haven't been in the gym as much BUT....

...YESTERDAY I did two sets of 2 reps of back squat at bodyweight :D 

I had done 115 lbs a couple weeks ago, and yesterday was able to hit 115lbs in a set of 5, with my legs all the way parallel to the floor.  Bodyweight is 135.  (well, maybe really 137....)  I didn't get quite as parallel, but the weight and form felt good.

This is still novice stuff, but it felt good.  The hot weather has made me really grouchy and exhausted.  Riding my bike to and from work (17 mi round trip) usually makes me happy, but the past few weeks I've just been wiped out.  I'm trying to eat more and get more electrolytes, but I think there's some damage to undo.  I've also lost bodyfat over the past 6 months, so I'm getting to the point where I think I need to keep my energy levels up or my mood goes to hell.  Whoops.

Anyway.  Yay squats!