Forums are back in action! ×

ow ow ow ow ow

Back story, I'm 6'4" and this world is built for short people so I have to bend a lot. I played football in high school and short people hit me in the knees. I had to run on the deck of an amphibious command ship in the Navy which killed my knees. I used to lay tile without knee pads because I was stupid. I was morbidly obese for 5 years which is bad on your knees. Because of all of this, I have osteoarthritis in both knees at the ripe old age of 39.

Fast forward to yesterday. My PT always makes me warm up on the treadmill for 5 minutes. I was feeling good so I bumped it up until I was jogging (first time in 15 years). But my knees started to hurt after a couple of minutes so I finished off walking.

Fast forward to today. My favorite of all days, Squaterday!! But it wasn't. My knees were grinding and groaning the whole time. I got my heavy section done and went to do my working sets and my knees said no mas.

The moral of the story kids, take care of your knees whilst you're young.

... too late... I shot my left knee when I was 12. Cheerleading can be a bitch.

"I was taught that the way of progress was neither swift nor easy." ~~Marie Curie

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honour, Duty, Mercy, Hope. " ~~ Winston Churchill 

Level 1 Human Druid STR 1 DEX 1 STA 1 CON 2 WIS 3 CHA 2  (yes, human. Boring I know.)

I cracked my left knee cap when I was nine (running over wet floors to get food. Bad idea). Apparently it didn't heal quite so perfectly as they hoped, and now not only do I get groaning, moaning, and funny clicking sounds from it, but it has a tendency to start playing up whenever I start doing squats. Or climbing. Or running. Or, you know, a lot of things. Heh, it doesn't much like the cold either.

"The old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.

From the ashes a fire shall be woken, a light from the shadows shall spring."

Yeti on Flickr - Facebook - Instagram

Hockey put my right knee in a similar situation. cracked my knee cap and tore a bunch of ligaments, still feel it today 6 years and a half after.

It's not 80% diet, 20% exercise, it's 100% diet, 100% exercise. Give it your all.

My journey (Date - Total - BF % - LBM)

2012-01-01 - 242 - 35% - 157

2013-12-15 - 172 - 10% - 155

2016-05-01 - 231 - 25% - 173