Forums are back in action! ×

How long til excercise would be ok?

The reduction in swelling is part of it. I'll admit I didn't have that happen with my splint because the ER doc did it so wrong that the orthopedic doctor put me into a cast the next morning (only about 12 hours later). 

This may sound silly, but what about trying to use one of those non-stick pads like some people use to get a grip on jars? Or, what about resting your arm in front of you on your desk/table? Having your whole lower arm flat on something sturdy might keep it from moving around too much.

Level 2 Halfling Adventurer

STR:2 | DEX: 2 | STA: 2 |

CON: 4 | WIS:7.5 | CHA:2.5 |

| Female | 5'3" | 180lbs | Southpaw |

Strive for progress, not perfection. - Unknown

Battle Log | Personal Blog | Current Challenge

It's funny because the second er looked at the splint and was like "what the heck" but didn't change it because it still lined up. I can't even explain how weird this splint is, I've never seen anything like it. It extends up like a popped collar across my neck. So annoying.

And in this existence, I'll stay persistent

And I'll make a difference, and I will have lived it- MFTP

Battle Log

Does your cast look something like this?

img0133.jpg

That is called a U slab (in Australia), and I believe a coaptation splint in the states.

If you manage to get away with non operative treatment, then you may be transitioned later into one of these (or equivalent):

4.jpg

That one is called a Sarmiento brace. It requires the fracture to be a little more 'sticky' and essentially gains stability by squashing your upper arm like a salami.

Honestly I was in so much pain when they placed it I don't know what they did lol, then they covered it in cotton sleeve material and wrapped that around as a sling. After 2 days we cut that makeshift sling and bought a new one, it wasn't as immobile as I needed it to be at the time but I regret that now because it was way more comfortable on my neck.I'm hoping I get a second one on Wed cause I need to wash this one.

Battle Log

I wouldn't worry about washing it too much. Splints are gonna get icky no matter what you do. Plus, you have to be really careful when you switch them so that you don't mess up the healing process.

Level 2 Halfling Adventurer

STR:2 | DEX: 2 | STA: 2 |

CON: 4 | WIS:7.5 | CHA:2.5 |

| Female | 5'3" | 180lbs | Southpaw |

Strive for progress, not perfection. - Unknown

Battle Log | Personal Blog | Current Challenge

I am terrified of this visit tomorrow. I hate doctors in general, let alone when I know what  I'm in for. I don't want to feel that pain ever again. From what I'm reading (my curiosity can be a curse sometimes) tomorrow could potentially be just as bad as when they placed the splint :( 

I'm not sleeping tonight for sure.

Battle Log