Forums are back in action! ×

really weird showering quirk(PG I promise)

So we often hear people arguing over whether or not it's good to shower every day and people complaining that they don't feel like showering, tips to shower the right number of times per week etc. But my situation is a little different. I have this really weird quirk where I feel like I NEED to shower every day. It's not because I'm scared of people judging me or anything, honestly I could care less. The issue is personal. When I go more than 24 hours without showering I feel so hot and grimy(regardless of weather) it's like my skin's eating itself . If that's not bad enough I usually can't get anything productive done until I feel clean. Don't really know how to explain the feeling. It's gone as far as showering twice in one day(in the morning and again the same night if I know I won't be able to shower the next morning) and even going on band trips where showers are not offered and cleaning up with water from the sink. (which is really just a total pain in the ass :/)

So has anyone ever heard of anything like this? (I guess you could call it obsessive compulsive showering). I looked it up and got no results. I'm pretty sure I'm actually just crazy. xP

Mrgso, level 1 Hobbit adventurer

STR 3|DEX 2|STA 2|CON 3|WIS 4|CHA 3

I like to shower every day, aside from the general cleanliness aspect it's also a little time to think of nothing and let my mind wander... which sounds like an oxymoron, I guess. If circumstances conspire to make me miss a day here and there it won't bother me unless I'm doing something that will make me sweat heavily or get covered in muck (and then the sink comes in handy).

However, a girl I used to live with had the same kind of daily shower thing. I don't know if it was habit or something she felt she had to do or even if she just liked to, but she did get pissed off if anyone else used the bathroom in her self-allotted shower time. There were five of us in there, so this happened a lot.

I knew a few people in high school who had a similar kind of thing with showering. One felt she had to shower twice a day otherwise she was dirty, whether she was or not. It seems like it's pretty common thing.

"The old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.

From the ashes a fire shall be woken, a light from the shadows shall spring."

Yeti on Flickr - Facebook - Instagram

I have to shower every morning. Even if I shower the night before, I wake up feeling gross, my skin and hair feels greasy and I just feel DIRTY all over. Some days on the weekends I will bum around the house for a few hours before showering, but I absolutely refuse to leave the house until I've had a shower.

"When I can no more stir my soul to move, and life is but the ashes of a fire; When I can but remember that my heart once used to live and love, long and aspire - O be thou then the first, the one thou art; Be thou the calling before all answering love, and in me wake hope, fear, boundless desire." - George MacDonald

yeah nope.

half the reason I work out is to ensure the happening of the shower.  If I don't work out one day- odds are I'm skipping it. 

I realize on day three (i'm a PM showerer- so it's usually 2 days then on the third morning/mid day and usually this has more to do with bad weather- me not working and staying home) that I've reached DEFCON 10 and it's time to go. 

I'm really lazy- it's pretty horrible. not even going to lie. 

My BF/EX whatever- he is anal- he showers on a schedule- mostly to keep up with his shaving... must be done every 24 hours- if it's too early- it fucks up the rotation.  Too late by a few hours- he's complaining about being able to feel his hair grow.  It's wildly amusing. 

yeah nope.

half the reason I work out is to ensure the happening of the shower.  If I don't work out one day- odds are I'm skipping it. 

I realize on day three (i'm a PM showerer- so it's usually 2 days then on the third morning/mid day and usually this has more to do with bad weather- me not working and staying home) that I've reached DEFCON 10 and it's time to go. 

I'm really lazy- it's pretty horrible. not even going to lie. 

My BF/EX whatever- he is anal- he showers on a schedule- mostly to keep up with his shaving... must be done every 24 hours- if it's too early- it fucks up the rotation.  Too late by a few hours- he's complaining about being able to feel his hair grow.  It's wildly amusing. 

My current gf is a twice a day showerer (even though that's not a word). I'm in the same boat as you though. If it wasn't for her I probably wouldn't shower everyday. Only after a workout or just when I feel dirty. Though as of late its been 110+ degrees outside with high humidity so I pretty much feel the need to shower daily.

And also, you said anal, hehe.

*Flips Table*

BreadMage Out!

Mine would have showered two or three times a day- totally depends on if he is doing stuff to get grimey.  

I'll definitely shower after I get grimy (mowing/working on the bike etc etc) but if I don't feel dirty after one day- I'm just not going to.  

My roommate is the same way- but he'll not shower for hours after riding home- he's lazy as hell.  it's awful. now that he has to bike to work- he definitely showers 2x  a day- once when he gets there and then when he gets back.

He wears almost the same clothes every day- I might have to take him to the store to go shopping- because that shit weirds me out. 

I cannot function (literally) unless I shower every morning.  My skin gets all greasy and my hair too.  And mostly I just feel like crap.  Like I'm still half asleep unless I get all nice and soapy in the shower.  I tried just doing dry shampoo back when I had a really early class and didn't want to shower beforehand, but it didn't last long.  

Yay daily showers!

I sometimes shower twice too.  And sometimes take a night time bath in my fabulous ginormous bathtub with LUSH products :) 

The shower is the only alone time I get, so you better believe I take advantage of it as often as possible.

"I was taught that the way of progress was neither swift nor easy." ~~Marie Curie

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honour, Duty, Mercy, Hope. " ~~ Winston Churchill 

Level 1 Human Druid STR 1 DEX 1 STA 1 CON 2 WIS 3 CHA 2  (yes, human. Boring I know.)

I go days without showering and have little body odor if any. I used to shower everyday sometimes multiple times. I used to have to due to horrible body odor however since I became vegetarian and eat healthy I generally have no odor.

[TABLE=width: 500, align: left]

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nocturnis, Level 1 Half Elf Ranger

STR 3|DEX 2|STA 2|CON 2|WIS 3|CHA 3

[/TABLE]

On a day like today I shower 3 times. I work a split shift so I shower once in the morning, once after gym, and once after getting back from work again in the evening. But it is the hot season here in China at the moment so when it cools off I'll probably ease back on the showering.