Forums are back in action! ×

stuff I want

making myself a thread here to keep all my linkies for stuff I want to buy re: hiking/biking/hammocking/camping while I am at work...

also maybe peoples might give me better ideas

first: http://www.rei.com/product/847409/nemo-zor-sleeping-pad

I need a new sleep pad for my hammock... I currently use my yoga mat... this is lighter and smaller

Level 10.4 Wood-Elf, Ranger - specializing in demon fighting

"doing the impossible since 2012 :D" - Librarian of Doom

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* level 50 isn't gonna just POOF happen - alienjenn, NF IRC chatroom

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

Oooh I love that site. .... I'll have to peruse it more in a bigger screen (not my phone! ) I just got a new sleeping bag from Wal-Mart (it's only a 32*bag so i feel like I'm downsizing from my 20* bag) but it weighs about a tenth! And its a quarter the size (I'll have to photog it) I'm so so happy to try it next week!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

And i hammock so I'm not in the dirt so i don't care about the color ;)

Spoiler

Are you using the hammock pad for comfort or heat retention? If for the former, that's cool, if for the later, I find underquilts more effective, and easier to deal with.

Didn't know you were a hanger Jenn. Love hammock camping myself, have me a Warbonnet Blackbird.

"By trying to please everyone he had pleased no one, and lost his ass in the bargain." - Aesop 2,500 years ago.
Level 4 Half Ogre Ranger
STR 6|DEX 4|STA 13|CON 11|WIS 5|CHA 8
Zombies, Run! Profile

I'm wanting it sit heat retention. ... I've seen a underpad y that's 19 oz i don't know that an under quilt could match that. ..... I'm big on light. . .. been a hanger a couple years now. ... I'm actually wanting to get rid of my bed because my back prefers the hammock

Spoiler

I like hikes but I hate a sore back etc and especially blisters on the lower back. I have just got a used pack, its in the mail.

http://www.mysteryranch.com/military/assault-patrol-packs

btw, that sleeping pad is only avail. in yellow? Its literally in the dirt to do its job ...and they make it yellow.

Just my 2 cents worth, I had this pack for about 3 years in the military, before MOLLE became standard. You can find them in miltary surplus stores for cheap these days. They're actually quite comfortable and have a good bit of space. Any rolls such as a sleeping bag or pad go up on the top of the pack.

http://bigboytoysairsoft.com/cart/images/Bags-Cases/121-OD.jpg

http://shop.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/cb.aspx?a=721849&pm2d=CSE-SPG-15-PLA&utm_source=google&utm_medium=pla&gclid=CPCLirnKv7gCFSdo7AodygMASA

For me, a pack with a sternum strap and a padded belt are a must. Put it on, hook the straps and crank down on them so everything is super tight and minimize any movement of the park.

The MOLLE pack is good, but the one I had was a plastic frame, after having that, I much prefer the metal frame of the alice pack.

Another tip, I'm not sure if this is needed or not, but when you're packing your pack, try and pack it with a high center of gravity. This puts distributes the weight in a manner that's pushing on your shoulders as opposed to pulling on them. This helps with walking forward.

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

We have a bunch of army surplus stores around I really should go browse. ... I usually pack it high and tight. ... my old (circa 1994) pack and game is ginormous (I can pack for a family of four for a week in it) and I'm looking for something smaller and more comfortable

Spoiler

Spoiler

We have a bunch of army surplus stores around I really should go browse. ... I usually pack it high and tight. ... my old (circa 1994) pack and game is ginormous (I can pack for a family of four for a week in it) and I'm looking for something smaller and more comfortable Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Well, I could only fit one persons worth of gear in that pack, but I was also packing for combat and not a camping trip. So I'm not sure how the two compare.

Comparing the two, the link you put up is 4200 Cu inches, and the Alice Pack is 3800 Cu inches.

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)