Forums are back in action! ×

HiI

I'm Lou and I'm new to the Rebellion.

So, I was sitting at my desk yesterday trying to entertain myself while eating Dove chocolates like candy (oh, wait...), when I started googling things like "getting healthy for beginners". Now, this is something I do about once a week - but the difference with yesterday is that I found THIS site - and I actually found myself quite captivated!

I'm not completely new to fitness. I've always TRIED to be a gym person, but I've never loved it. Once I became pregnant in November, 2011 all forms of physical activity came to a stop. My son is now 11 months old and I still haven't done a single thing to try and get into any kind of shape other than the unfortunate one I am in now.  

So, just for a breakdown, here are the things that I've been telling myself that have been standing in my way:

1. I'm lazy. This is just a fact. The lazy just makes the rest of the excuses more plausible - but I know now that excuses are just what they are.

2. I have no time. I have a pretty silly commute that makes my days 12 hours long, normally. I then pick up my son and go home and feed him dinner and play with him until he goes to sleep - usually around 10pm. Also, I am generally the one doing everything relating to childcare at home, so that keeps me rather busy - especially now that he's mobile.

3. The above schedule also adds to me making terrible food choices since I am ready to chew my arm off by the time I could actually sit down and eat something.

4. I'm broke. I have no money for gym memberships or classes and everyone knows that healthy food is much more expensive than Kraft Mac & Cheese.

So, all of this, along with being completely unorganized has really been taking its toll on me for quite some time. I'm not ashamed to admit that I'm still wearing my maternity jeans. No - I am ashamed to admit that. It's why I'm here - I keep forgetting that. And in all honesty, I haven't weighed myself in quite some time, but I'm pretty sure I'm not too far off from my full-term pregnancy weight.

I want energy and focus and strength. I want to feel like I can kick ass! I want to stand up straighter and not feel like such a schlump when I get dressed for work everyday!

So, here I am. I'm Lou.

TalulaBelle

Level 1 Gargoyle - Druid at heart, training with the AdventurersSTR 2|DEX 1|STA 1|CON 3|WIS 5|CHA 3 

Welcome welcome!
You seem quite ready to do something about your situation, and your excuses, well, at least some of them look like things that can be helped ^^

I'm not a gym person either, and a lot of people on here aren't. It's ok. There's plenty of living rooms, gardens, parks, rooftops, swimming pools,... to work out in :)

Nyxy, lvl 13 Werewolf assassin!            Current challenge: butts               Fitocracy

Thanks Nyxy! A friend sent me a couple of 30 day challenges (abs and squats) that I started the day before I found NF. They're also the first exercises I have done in almost 2 years! It seems a bit crazy but I already felt a little better about myself after day 1 and the picture in my mind of who I want to be is clearer than it has been in a very long time!

TalulaBelle

Level 1 Gargoyle - Druid at heart, training with the AdventurersSTR 2|DEX 1|STA 1|CON 3|WIS 5|CHA 3 

Hi Lou,

I can't help but notice that we have a pretty big thing in common: my daughter is almost 11 months old as well, and I still have a whole lot of that pregnancy weight to lose, too!

I'm also struggling to overcome laziness, and repeat relocation has me strapped for cash too.

I haven't even done my own introduction yet, I was reading through and saw yours and went "wow, hey! same boat as me!"

Welcome and good luck!

LadyInRedArmor, level 1 Robot 
STR 0|DEX 0|STA 0|CON 0|WIS 0|CHA 0

Archived