Forums are back in action! ×

Just Woke Up!

As a child and early teen, I was very athletic and very much into sports.  During late teen-hood, I became very sedentary very quickly.  In my early 20s, I managed to lose 100 pounds with the aid of a personal trainer, but never really changed the way I ate.  Just spent about 2-3 hours a day in the gym.

Here I sit probably 20 years and 200 pounds later with a major wake up call.

I am a musician.  My music is finally taking that awesome turn where it can become a full-time job at any time.  One of the main problems is that I am in NO way OK with the way I look and quite frankly, it's holding me back from doing videos and really putting myself out there because I don't really think people will take a 300-plus pound tub o'lard seriously in an entertainment world that puts vanity above nearly everything.

And it looks like I will be attending NAMM (the BIG music convention) in Anaheim in January...so I need to drop as much weight as quickly and safely as possible.

Wish me luck!

I can't make this image give me a link to work with the image thing here.... http://freeccm.com/2012/12/12/sidewalk-prophets-road-life-episode-2/ this is one of my FAVORITE bands... the lead singer is big time overweight... he is full time in music and they are heard everywhere... so.... don't ever let anyone tell you that "a  300-plus pound tub o'lard" won't be taken seriously

that being said... I love the fact that you want to get in shape :)

and welcome to the rebellion :) I was 300+ when I started :D and it's amazing the changes that being able to breathe has made to my singing voice

Level 10.4 Wood-Elf, Ranger - specializing in demon fighting

"doing the impossible since 2012 :D" - Librarian of Doom

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* level 50 isn't gonna just POOF happen - alienjenn, NF IRC chatroom

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

I can't make this image give me a link to work with the image thing here.... http://freeccm.com/2012/12/12/sidewalk-prophets-road-life-episode-2/ this is one of my FAVORITE bands... the lead singer is big time overweight... he is full time in music and they are heard everywhere... so.... don't ever let anyone tell you that "a  300-plus pound tub o'lard" won't be taken seriously

that being said... I love the fact that you want to get in shape :)

and welcome to the rebellion :) I was 300+ when I started :D and it's amazing the changes that being able to breathe has made to my singing voice

They are pretty good!  I'm more of a metal head, though. :)

Thanks for the encouragement...it's a tough road, I know.

And it just so happens that I need a singer. ;)

I sing... but I am less of a metal head ;)

I have one word for you

Meatloaf... http://www.wolfgangsvault.com/meat-loaf/concerts/bottom-line-november-28-1977-late-show.html

Level 10.4 Wood-Elf, Ranger - specializing in demon fighting

"doing the impossible since 2012 :D" - Librarian of Doom

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* level 50 isn't gonna just POOF happen - alienjenn, NF IRC chatroom

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

Archived