Forums are back in action! ×

Meditation?

Does anyone here meditate regularly? 

I've done it in the past, and recently got back to it, influenced by this in part - 

For those of you who meditate regularly - what sort of technique do you prefer? Counting your breath? Just focusing on it? Music/sound? A guided meditation audio/video?

I remember going to yoga class that had meditation as part of it, and it was guided - a simple breathing/relaxation meditation, nothing fancy. It worked really well for me, but I have yet to find a particularly good guided meditation audio online. 

Resurrection!

Part of my six week challenge is to meditate every day. I had been doing so on-and-off for a couple months before then, but now I feel like it's time to get serious.

I've been using the techniques from Mindfulness in Plain English to get started. Quite a bit of reading, but you will learn something.

When I sit, it's usually at night, I turn off all audio (IMO, having music or speech going on is just counterproductive) And I usually sit from 10-30 minutes, depending on how I'm feeling on the way in.

Level 1 Cyborg WandererSTR 2|DEX 2|STA 2|CON 3|WIS 4|CHA 2

Yell at me for not working hard enough on the Six Week Challenge!

Hey Zima! Yup, meditating is part of my goals too! This is probably the best resource I can throw your way: The ZenWest Zen Centre: zenwest.ca. Depending on the type of meditation you are interested in, they have a great presence online, so there are a lot of podcasts, etc. about how to meditate, etc. Check it out if you are interested, and good luck! Commitment is honestly what I find to be the hardest part. The rest is just showing up!

Challenge goal: to find balance

~ yoga ~ meditation ~ time management ~

Because every day is "day one"

~ battle log ~