Forums are back in action! ×

It's dangerous business walking out your front door.

Introductions have never been my strong point. I am usually much better at a nod and a wave before disappearing back into the crowd; I tend to avoid the first impression bit, altogether. However, in light of the past year of life-changing decisions, I have begun to attempt to step outside of my box and live life on the edge.
In the past year, I have started school, with intentions to go into a STEM field, and dominated it (3.8 GPA). In the past month, I have changed my eating habits, and lost just under 20 pounds (with no exercise)! It has been an incredible journey, but now I am ready to dive further into my weight loss, and achieve my goals! All in all, I want to get strong and fit; my endgame is CrossFit and Tough Mudder. I am no where near that level now, but I plan to bust ass to get there. Today, I am starting small with the Beginner Body Weight workout, coupled with walking every other day. The key is to fully integrate exercise into my daily life; to grow more comfortable with it so that I may go further with it.
I know that the odds are against me right now, but I am not afraid of failure. In fact, I find great pleasure in picking myself back up and proving everyone (including myself) wrong. This is going to be a journey for me, and I am glad to have started the trek. One day, I will be on the other side, 130 pounds lighter, stronger, fitter, and able to tackle anything that comes my way.

I am excited to share this with all of you and learn along the way!
-Katie
Tor ilisar'thera'nal!

Awesome.  Welcome to NF.  You have great goals and will achieve them!!!

Level 63 Human ... Oath of Ancients Paladin

"We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less."  - Kurt Hahn

STR: 14 | DEX: 14| CON: 17 | INT: 17 | WIS: 17 | CHA: 14

The SIde Tracked Quest (rough draft)

Archived