Forums are back in action! ×

Becoming Awesome Enough to Tame Dragons!

Hello Fellow Rebels!

So I've been a long time reader of Nerd Fitness and a former athlete, but obviously I haven't really been involved in the forums before.  Now's the time to change that!  I've found that one of my biggest hangups in keeping fit and active (and finally shedding those few unwanted pounds and doing a freaking pull-up!) was the mental game when I no longer have a team and immediate competitive goal in mind.  When I was on my college's crew team motivation was easy because we had races at least once a month.  However, without that structure I find myself slacking more than sweating, and my body and mind are both going a bit... well... meh. I'm a firm believer that the body affects the mind just like the mind affects the body.  On the post-college road, it's easy to get overwhelmed and end up falling into the comfortable routine of meh instead of leveling up.

"It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and If you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~Bilbo Baggins

For my quest on gaining a stronger, wiser, braver mind and body I've decided to take on the persona of Daenarys Targaryen from The Game of Thrones.  Taming dragons and winning back the seven kingdoms won't happen because the blood of the dragon might agree to wear floppy ears!  Danny is a prime example of carving out her own destiny from exile, and that is exactly what I intend to do with my own life.

Heh, and maybe ride a dragon or two will be the result of victory!

Shoooo, to achieve this mind/body/awesome balance, I'll have to get off my butt and runaway from zombies in the Zombies, Run! app.  I finally got a phone where it works!  And I want to be able to do a pull-up by the end of the year, so that means strength training three times a week.  A consistent schedule helped me feel so much better, but then it ends up dropping off after a month or two (because YouTube is the procrastination headquarters!).  For the first game-plan, I'm going to be joining the next 6-Week challenge, and then my mom and I are going join forces.  If I'm able to reach a certain goal with my mom as my sidekick, we can go shopping for new clothes.  Each new role Danny had came with a beautiful new dress, plus I really like shopping.  (Nerdy girly-girls unite!)

So hello fellow rebels, and lets go hunt for dragon eggs together!

~Targaryen

"The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them" ~Einstein

Half-Elf Ranger, Level 2, Assassin Level 1

Str: 3  Dex: 1  Agi: 3  Con: 3  Wis: 2  Cha: 1

Current Challenge: Targaryen Begins Her Jedi Training Anew

Good luck to you to on your challenge!  And thanks for the heads up on House Stark!  I might be sacreligious and join that group (if I can).  It's going to be an interesting next six weeks.  ^.^

"The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them" ~Einstein

Half-Elf Ranger, Level 2, Assassin Level 1

Str: 3  Dex: 1  Agi: 3  Con: 3  Wis: 2  Cha: 1

Current Challenge: Targaryen Begins Her Jedi Training Anew