Forums are back in action! ×

Just a heads up: This is my first time participating in a forum (which is actually odd considering the massive amount of time I spend online...) so I'm not sure I'm doing the right thing here. If I'm doing something wrong, please just let me know.

So hi! I'm on a quest to change my life for the better and getting healthy is a huge part of my whole thing I have going on. I'm doing an in general 30 day challenge for myself which includes things like waking up early, meditating, writing, getting general life things done (instead of bingeing on TV and video games), being a better partner to my fiance, and MOST IMPORTANTLY changing my eating and exercise habits. I have 4 main goals and a daily schedule. Each day I will be journaling about my goals and then writing a schedule of the things I can do the next day to accomplish them. I am currently on Day 2.

Yesterday, I did my very first workout in months: the Nerd Fitness Beginner Bodyweight Workout! I made a super badass 80's rock motivational playlist and went for it. Not gonna lie... it was pretty rough. I hurt everywhere. Today, as soon as I'm done here, I'm doing one hour of yoga. During the next 30 days, I will be exercising every single day alternating between the Beginner Bodyweight Workout and yoga. Anyway, my hope is that I can cultivate some good general habits that I will stick with permanently during this time.

I guess a little bit about me is supposed to go here. I'm a 22 year old woman in my 5th freaking year of college. Allllmost done. I got lost for a bit, but I'm about to power through my last 2 semesters. I'm an English major with a minor in business and technical writing. I'm 5'7", which everyone around me seems to think is freakishly tall for a woman but which I am convinced is a pretty average height haha. I'm 220 pounds and that's the heaviest I've ever been, but God knows I've never been skinny. And I'm getting married this May, which is pretty exciting!

I'd love to have to get my dress taken in by about a zillion sizes by the time I go in for my fitting, but that's not why I'm here. I'm not on a Look Awesome for my Wedding Quest. I'm not even really on a Look Awesome in General Quest. What I really want out of this is to feel proud of myself. I want to feel physically good and powerful. I want to be able to lift heavy things! I want to just throw on whatever clothes and know I look good because my body is a goddamn temple and I take care of it. I want to be flexible and have better balance. And yeah, I mean, I DO at least a little bit want to walk on campus in yoga pants and know people are admiring my ass, too.

I just signed up for the 6 Week Challenge and I'm really excited to get going and get to know you guys! Thanks for having my on this awesome site. Also, tips on what the heck I should be doing to participate on this forum and on anything else are very, very welcome.

Level 2 Fire Elemental

Druid

STR |1 DEX | 3 STA | 3 CON | 3 WIS | 1 CHA

First Challenge; Current Challenge

The hardcore, intense, bitchin', BEST team ever: The Dai-Gurren Brigade

WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK WE ARE!!?!!?

Wait, I'm freakishly tall? Bugger, who knew?

Great goal - looking awesome is fantastic, but feeling awesome is even better!

Just be careful, ok? Exercise for 7 days, even yoga, can lead to overtraining and burnout. Take at least 2 non-consecutive days a week, and just walk or swim. Chill out. Love your body, don't beat it half to death!

I'm a newbie to the challenge, too. I'll see you there!

You're right. I didn't want to take any days off, and for some reason it just didn't occur to me that I could still workout on days off, but just take it down a notch. Thanks for the suggestion! I think I'll probably try out swimming. I used to swim on a team, but I haven't done it in years. Should be fun!

Level 2 Fire Elemental

Druid

STR |1 DEX | 3 STA | 3 CON | 3 WIS | 1 CHA

First Challenge; Current Challenge

The hardcore, intense, bitchin', BEST team ever: The Dai-Gurren Brigade

WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK WE ARE!!?!!?

Awesome.

Welcome here.

I just finish my 5th year, so I know the frightening term "graduating" far too god ;)

Your plan is good, but might be too much. Please listen to your body in the middle of the challenge and step down if necessary.

Fate whispers to the warrior: "You cannot withstand the storm."

The warrior whispers back:
 "
I am the storm."