Forums are back in action! ×

Joining the rebelion

Hi there,

I recently decided that enought was enought and that I wanted my 20 years old body back !

When I was younger I was very lean, slim really, and I could eat anything and stay that way... The years did their work and my luck ran out, but I kept eating like I used to, very badly. I'm that nerdy philosophy graduate student that spend all his time in front of a computer working and eating chips or bowls mayonnaise (joking here, but not that far from the truth).

Now I'm 28, 195 pounds and 6'. This may not apear mutch, but it's the most unhealty I have ever been. I have high colesterol (yeah, the same thing my grandparents have !), I have no energy and, most importantly, I feel uncomfortable im my body. I did try a few times to loose weight, but rarely did it mean getting more healty as well.

So... my goal is:

1. to lose 30 pounds in the next 4 to 6 months.

2. to gain muscle mass while losing fat mass.

3. to make new eating habits that will last.

And I found this web site witch is great, so I'll be here to share motivation and support with you lot ! Let the rebelion begin !

A few things you should know about me:

- I'm french-canadian, so I do a lot of grammar and spelling mistakes, sorry, i'm working on it.

- I'm doing the 60 days challenge that starts on the 29th of july. Check this out

- I'm still not convinced about Paleo, but I'm willing to be convinced.

Level 1 - human adventurer

currently vanquishing the abdominal fat dragon with the help of House Stark

&nbsp;<p>&nbsp;

Thanks you two. 

spoonymong - Yeah. Actually I should have writen 30 pounds of fat witch means about 10 % body fat. I don't mind stagnating at some point between the muscle gain and the fat loss, as long as I get better and awesomer :). But I'll definetly consider formulating my objective in an other way. Thanks. 

Level 1 - human adventurer

currently vanquishing the abdominal fat dragon with the help of House Stark

&nbsp;<p>&nbsp;