Forums are back in action! ×

Another newbie joining the ranks

Hey everyone. My name's Sam, I'm a college student in Austin, Texas. My reasons for joining NF are possibly a little odd: I am in okay shape (5'10/180lbs), but I feel that I will probably be joining the military after I finish my degree, for various reasons (plus I just need to be healthier), so I want to start getting in good shape now. Also, I'm a nerd.

Today is day 1 of the paleo diet for me. I tend to keep a gallon or so of red bull mixed with Sunny D in my fridge, so after I finish that I'll be going full on. I cook a lot and I love food so if you know any super awesome paleo recipes offhand please do send them my way.

I also should say (and this will probably go in my signature, now that I think about it) that I am a writing and rhetoric major so my posts tend to be long-winded. If I post too much/too frequently, just tell me to shut up, I'll understand.

Hey, welcome and good luck!

I'm new here as well, and have only started my attempt at eating Paleo. Currently, I am only loosely following the guide, but the information I've gained has definitely influenced my diet and has started me moving in the right direction. Already I'm finding I have noticeably increased energy throughout my day, AND I don't have to starve myself. I'm sure you'll find the same ;-)

Cheers!

- Grey

I think it's impossible to post too frequently. :)

Welcome, Bear Walken!

Level 1 Ranger in Training

Current Challenge

I would rather be ashes than dust! I would rather that my spark should burn out in a brilliant blaze than it should be stifled by dry-rot. I would rather be a superb meteor, every atom of me in magnificent glow, than a sleepy and permanent planet. The function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.

-- Jack London

One of my favorite paleo snacks/foods is Poppers.

spicy-chicken-and-bacon-poppers/

Of course you can improvise like I do. If I don't have jalapeno, I use bell pepper. I also wrap the chicken with Turkey Pastrami instead of bacon some times. Good stuff. These are amazing. Re-heated some for lunch today that I made last night.

Posted Image

I just grilled these and ate all of them except one. I couldn't help it, they were so damn spicy but so damn good! My stomach is gonna hate me later...

Did you dip them in ranch to cool them down?

And way to pull through on making them!

Okay, I didn't use ranch, and they were spicy as hell. Painfully. I was using pickled jalapenos for those, and today I made an enhanced version of the same recipe with fresh jalapenos and they're way more mild. I also burned the living hell out of my left thumb because apparently, my body's reaction to a bacon jalapeno chicken popper being on fire (I am an unsafe griller, things tend to catch on fire sometimes) is: "OH SHIT, IT'S ON FIRE, BETTER GRAB IT WITH YOUR BARE HANDS!" Anyway. That's that.

I also burned the living hell out of my left thumb because apparently, my body's reaction to a bacon jalapeno chicken popper being on fire (I am an unsafe griller, things tend to catch on fire sometimes) is: "OH SHIT, IT'S ON FIRE, BETTER GRAB IT WITH YOUR BARE HANDS!" Anyway. That's that.

^^^ This. I love it. Lol.

Welcome to the forums, glad to see you are trying out recipes right away. If I had any good ones, I'd let ya know, but I am pretty plain. And I know what you mean with the whole "long-winded" thing. I can't remember the last time I posted something that didn't seem long as hell. Luckily, no one seems to mind around here. Cheers brotha!